Viper Days Road America/ Mopar Nationals

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, Why wait for them, come anyway, this is an awesome track, full of history and all your mid-west and east coast buddies will be there.

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Dave, I realize the term "serious" is a relative term, however, no serious racer in Viper Days is going to miss the event at Road America. Many western drivers will be making the trek to Elkhart Lake, WI to race on "THE" best track in North America. Californians may find it hard to believe that there is something superior to Laguna Seca. Road America is 2 Laguna Seca circuits built into one track, only 10 times more beautiful and without noise restrictions or power blackouts. It's what Mid-Ohio wishes it could be. Be there and you will never forget it for the rest of your life.

OP
OP
D

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured you guys were going to R/A. The Mopar Nats start on Friday the 10th. I don't think anyone is going to drive to Ohio from WI though. I want to do the double header. Road race Viper Days on Thur & Fri, and then drive to Ohio and drag race at the Mopar show Sat.& Sun. We did it in '99 except there was a week between Cols. and R/A. I drag raced the car and then a week later Paul ran a 2:31 at R/A. In 2000 he ran a 2:25. I know he wants to go back there. It's a good track for him. I've been to alot of racetracks in my life, and you are correct that it is one of the best. And if you have never been to the Mopar Nats., go sometime. You have to be into muscle cars. Thousands of beutiful cars. Our hotel parking lot looked like the starting line at Pomona from everyone doing burnouts for 3 hrs.! It gets pretty crazy. So, we'll see...hopefuly we'll do at least R/A. I was just looking to see if anyone was doing both.dj

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there the whole week...I wouldn't miss the Mopar Nats at any expense...its the highlight of the year as far as I am concerned...and I make it my vacation.

I wonder how many Viper owners will be in attendance at National Trails????

RED 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I WILL BE AT THE MOPAR NAT'S. I KNOW THERE ARE AT LEAST 3 VIPER OWNERS GOING WITH ME. I WON THE VIPER SHOOTOUT LAST YEAR SO I HAVE TO GO AND HOLD MY TITLE FOR THIS YEAR. HOPE TO SEE A LOT OF VIPERS THERE.

OP
OP
D

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red, were you there in '99? I talked to several owner's there that year. Pretty cool that you won that deal. Did you race Kenny Lazari in the final? I'm not too sure if we're coming back for the races. Probably won't know until the week before, knowing Mumford. The bill will be pretty high to drive the coach and the trailer to R/A and then to Ohio and back. It's such an awesome show!dj

RED 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES, I WAS THERE IN 99. I HAD A 94 RT/10 THEN AND MADE IT TO THE FINAL 4 BUT WAS PUT OUT BY PAUL SULOFF. I BOUGHT A 97 GTS AND CAME BACK THE NEXT YEAR AND WAS LINED UP WITH PAUL SULOFF AGAIN FOR THE FINAL RACE. THERE WAS A LOT OF GOOD RACING GOING ON AND A LOT OF FUN. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE.

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been to every Mopar Nationals since 1984 and wouldn't miss it.

I had my Viper there last year and will have it there this year too with the stripes that were added last fall.

I may race my viper there this year (Viper Challenge), last year I had a slightly twisted halfshaft and didn't want to risk it.
I drove it there from St.Louis and wanted to be able to drive it home.
(Is that too much to hope for, hahaha).

Here's a link to the Mopar Nats website, you can download an entry form from there that you can print.
Mopar Nationals Website

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there this year thanks to my buddy Rich Detert. What a guy. I can't wait to go. It's going to be awesome.

Hey Rich, do you like my Cuda? hee hee

You must be registered for see images

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jenkins...do you need me to drive Paul's car at the drags? I could fly out for that if you need me to. I like turns, but I win at the straight line stuff.

Yours Truly,

"Bid Daddy Mayes Garlits Muldowney"

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Lil' Daddy Muldowney,
I seem to remember bringing home a 1st place trophy from LACR last time out. Did they even give a trophy out for 2nd?

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have more big shiney trophies for the big V-10 RWD simple straghtline stuff than Mumbleshift and Vanspackle combined...Mumsmack wins one time and guess who he's against in the finals! I think they did give out trophy's....I came home with a couple. Did you get one for lane changing to avoid me before each race?

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avoided you until the finals. But in the finals I avoided you by running away from you!

Paul "Holeshot School" Mumford