VIPER DAYS....SPLITTER & WING???

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking at an Autoform front fascia splitter & GTS RS style wing from PartsRack. I know this is not the racing purists first choice, but I like the look more than the function.

My question is will the Autoform front fascia splitter provide enough down force as to compliment the rear GTS RS wing?

Is there a better selection for wings and splitters out there?

Anyone who has this combination have you had them at the track?

Am I just turning into a poser???

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may be starting to pose...

The autoform nose is great looking and the splitter is functional.

If you've never worked with Viper noses you need to know that the Autoform nose is not flexible like the OEM nose. It's quite rigid which makes the installation a bit tricky.

Since it's an after market part and Vipers are as we all know slightly different the fit may require som fiberglass work.

If I were to be buying for race purposes I would look to carbon fiber pieces.

Jon can give you the best advice and broadest options.

Jeff

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in your boat until recently. I finaly decided on the autoform splitter
and the Dual plane wing from PartsRack. I choose the dual plane wing strictly because I felt it was cool. I track my Viper Viper as often as possible but my first event this season isn't until 5/2 so I can't comment on how it performs.
From several 'experienced' guys I have talked to they all say both are functional. Since my viper is not a dedicated track car I wanted function plus good looks. :cool: Hope this helps

Fast Eddie

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite wing is the Northwind wing. I believe it is the same wing that ran on the early Le Mans cars. It is CF and sells for $2500. Only down side is that it prevents the rear hatch from opening.

OP
OP
H

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fiorano - I still need to get get into the back hatch. That is exactly one of the best reasons I am looking at the GTS RC. You can still open the the back.