Viper Days / VRL at Gingerman in 2 weeks - who's going?

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days / VRL at Gingerman in 2 weeks - who\'s going?

Geez these events come up fast!

Notice tire orders are due next Tuesday!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DETAILS FOR.......GINGERMAN

June 3, 4 & 5, 2005

TRACK INFORMATION: Gingerman Raceway Track address: GingerMan Raceway, 61414 Phoenix Road, South Haven, MI 49090 269-253-4445 Full track clockwise.

FRIDAY TEST AND TUNE: A test and tune day is available! Friday will be open for “advanced drivers” for a test and tune day. No rookies are allowed. 9am-5pm we will be running 2 run groups all day!! $300 full day no lunch and $200 for half day no lunch 1-5pm. Call Courtney for approval if you have questions.

COST:

o Full Package: $755 Full package includes a Friday pm reception party, an embroidered Viper Racing League polo shirt and a goodie bag, 2 practice sessions totaling 1 hour of track time, one 30 minute qualifying and a 30 minute race on Saturday. Sunday 2 practice sessions totaling 1 hour of track time, and a 1-hour race, Saturday pm sit down dinner, FREE water for the entire weekend, and a transponder.

o A la Carte Package: $375 1 day, $625 2 days, includes track time only. Additional add ons: Embroidered Viper Racing League polo shirt $45, $25 Fri pm reception, $45 Saturday pm dinner, $25 transponder.

PAYMENT: Viper Days accepts Visa and Master Card AND American Express. Make checks payable to: Viper Days, Inc. Payment for each event is paid in full prior to the event!! Late Entry- 7 days before event will result in a $100 late fee, NO EXCEPTIONS!!

GATE/SPECTATOR FEE: Each Driver is allowed 2 crew to be allowed in for FREE. Everyone else over 2 crew will be charged $10/day.

HOTEL INFO: Be sure to call the Guest House Inn to make room reservations and ask for the Viper Days rooms. Mention the Viper Days room block for the discounted rate. Rooms will be released May 3rd . So call NOW!!! Other Hotels: Old Harbor Inn $160 269-637-8480 Hampton Inn $125 269-639-8550

Host Hotel: Guest House Inn 269-639-9900 65 Rooms $85 Lighthouse Inn

1555 Phoenix Road
South Haven, MI 49090

TRACK SIDE SERVICE: Archer Racing Accessories is the Exclusive trackside service company. Archer Racing can do all your track needs including suspension, brakes, alignments, engine modifications and exhaust. If there is something specific you would like, call John and make an appointment. 218-727-4806

TIRES: Bobby Archer Enterprises is the Exclusive provider of trackside safety needs, tire mounting and balancing, and sales. Those needing MIchelin or Hoosier tires please call ahead and order them so they can bring them to the track. Call Bobby 817-877-1772 LAST DATE TO ORDER TIRES IS May 24. Call Troy or Bobby 817-877-1772

TRAILER AND RIG PARKING: The track will be open to accept parking Thursday from 7am-9pm. Or all day Friday at the track from 7am-10pm

CAMPERS / MOTORCOACHES: Are allowed on the property. Self-Contained. If you would like a hook-up please contact Bob at 269-998-5774

GARAGE SPACE: 10 Spaces are available to rent for the entire weekend for $100/carport space or $200/garage space. Call Bob to reserve 269-998-5774

FUEL: The track is selling 93 Unleaded , 110 leaded.

MED+STATS 2005 IS MANDATORY! There is a NEW form requiring additional information. Please bring your Med+Stats lanyard or fill out Med+Stats confidential information and return with payment ASAP. Renewal will be only $15.00.

FRIDAY NIGHT ARRIVAL: 6PM until 9PM at the Track.

GUEST PACKAGE: For those who do not wish to put their car on the track and/or guests, we offer a food package of the reception and a banquet for $75.00 per person. Children will be given a discount, must call Courtney for details!! Dinner only is $45.

GATE HOURS: Thursday from 7am-9pm and Friday 7am-10pm, Sat 7am-10pm, Sun 7am-8pm

TRACK INFO SATURDAY: The track will go hot at 8:30. Banquet at TRACK with a 6pm cocktail/ 6:30pm dinner.

SUNDAY: The track will go hot at 8:30 with Red group.

NEW RULES FOR THE 2005 VRL RACING SEASON!

Please see the web site for rules changes!! http://www.viperdays.com/vrl_rules.html these rule changes will be sent to you with all of the 2005 forms!!

TIRES FOR THE 2004 VRL RACING SEASON

All cars shall run the spec tire of the series – Hoosier 18” size for the Series. Available in 305-30-R18 and/or 335-30-R18 only.

ALL Hoosier tires will be branded and will be purchased from Bobby Archer Motorsports.

Wheels shall be 18" in diameter, as approved by VRL.

Visual inspection required. Forgeline will be the official wheel and use will get one bonus point per event.

Gingerman Raceway to get directions, Hot lap around track, track map, etc.

Weather.com and type in zip code 49090 to get area weather.

Mapquest.com to get directions to and from your house to the track, hotel, etc.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper Days / VRL at Gingerman in 2 weeks - who\'s going?

I believe that i going to ****** Run to get a jump start on the learning curve. Plan on being there for viper days later in the year.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm trying to decide if I'm up to the 10 hour drive each way.

I know I'll regret it all weekend long if I don't go though.

I need to earn more money so i can hire someone to trailer it there for me so I can just fly in ;)

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Rich,

Count me in also....look forward to seeing everyone.

Fast Eddie

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rich, sorry to say but not quite yet. The car will be at
Gingerman but Sonny's son George will be driving it. I Pick it
up after Gingerman. I hope to get a session or two in it however.

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As Ed has just mentioned, we'll be there!

And Ed, you'll be happy to know that I didn't have to use the Viper at all during the Mid Ohio SWC GT event. Good thing, because the beginning was a bit rough. A car stalled two spots ahead of me on the standing start and I hit Tom Oates rear bumper pretty hard and then was rear ended myself by Derek Bell. What a cluster!

I'll look forward to seeing everyone at Gingerman.

vipermag

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll be there--wouldn't miss it.

Mark Giannotta
VIPER Magazine

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you get close enough to your screen and speakers you can smell and hear the exhaust from these guys. If you look really close you can see the smile on their faces.

Mark I have some pictures from MAM and Sebring to send you, we'll be in California this time but will try to make the VIR in July.
Tim

584213_MAM.jpg

584239.jpg

584215.jpg

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Sonny - Looking forward to seeing you - I promise to stay out of your way... I expect Seth to be there and be the front-runner in my class. Not sure if Bobby Archer's bringing a car to drive or not.

Safe travels to MI for all of the Viper Days and VRL participants,
Rich