'Viper Friendly' Auto Insurance Companies?

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw question here a while back about insurance, and I was wondering what the collective wisdom might be about Viper friendly insurance companies? ... :eater:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've found that Viper friendly is not universal. Certain insurers offer great rates in some states, but won't underwrite a Viper in others.

GEICO is "friendly" in NYS.

Last edited:

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geico is also friendly in Maryland, as long as you specify the Viper as pleasure only, and commit to putting less than 5000 miles per year on the car. I had been with Nationwide for 10 years, and Geico cut my annual premium in half, with no change in coverage.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Be careful!! MOST underwriters will insure for what the car is worth (in their eyes!)........I have Grundy Collector Car Ins. (I don't use the car as a daily driver). No mileage limit, and insured for AGREED value. I have mine set at $85K as it is an 05 Comm. Edition, S/C'd, 3:55's, Sidewinder wheels, and some trick cosmetic mods. $1,080 per year.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AAA for me.

I live in Los Angeles and pay 1500 a year.

Clean record, no tickets/accidents and multiple car discount. This is for "full" coverage.

Tim

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i use american modern and cover with the "exotic" lable. i think i have up to 3 or 5 thousand miles per year and an agreed value. any upgrades are considered to be fixed with "like" components. ie. they will replace the exact same thing that was on the car. i have a good record and pay $650 per year.

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful!! MOST underwriters will insure for what the car is worth (in their eyes!)........I have Grundy Collector Car Ins. (I don't use the car as a daily driver). No mileage limit, and insured for AGREED value. I have mine set at $85K as it is an 05 Comm. Edition, S/C'd, 3:55's, Sidewinder wheels, and some trick cosmetic mods. $1,080 per year.

Grundy also requires you to sign a document stating that will not compete in any timed events. That was the killer for me, due to autocrosses. It also states something about not using the car for any errands, which would make a trip to ******* a question mark.

Reaction score
Grundy also requires you to sign a document stating that will not compete in any timed events. That was the killer for me, due to autocrosses. It also states something about not using the car for any errands, which would make a trip to ******* a question mark.

I received the same docs from Grundy, I'm a little concerned about errands. I can see them denying a claim because I stopped at a store for a gallon of milk. Too many restrictions.

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wawanesa insurance in San Diego. 6000 miles per year and total is $408 per year.

Cheapest to insure that I have!

Todd

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nationwide Insurance works for me for both business and pleasure. They allow me to keep comp only on my viper with cost me less than $100.00 a year. When I want to drive it I call my agent and they make a note on their system. I have heard others do this also so you might want to check with your underwriter.

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
state farm hooked me up with a better rate if I got my home owners insurance with them. I just got a condo recently so I didnt have a policy yet. I agreed and the ins for my 05 viper is $850 for 6months, so about $1700 a year. BUT my deductible is only $100 ... and im under 30yrs old so seems like a good deal to me .... :)

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Esurance for the last couple months. It came out to about $130/month.

Just switched to Acuity and it's down to under $100/month.

$1000 deductible. $0 deductible glass. Full coverage with medical payments, rental car, uninsured/underinsured, etc. Multi-car and homeowners discounts.

Just make sure the car isn't insured for "Blue Book." If it is and the car gets totaled, they may not pay what the car is actually "worth."

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
For those with lots of upgrades or custom work done - it is important to note how the company values the Viper. I am going thru this right now with State Farm as my Street Serpent is about to hit the streets. They will use the values from Kelly Blue book and others to determine what they think the street value is, not what you have into the Viper - so my custom body kit and custom House of Kolors paint will mean nothing to them.

They did say that if I had all of my receipts, etc, that they "might" cover it. Based on this statement, I will be looking at other companies that offer an "Agreed Upon Value" for my Viper. Dont recall what my exact rates are with State Farm, but it seemed to be pretty reasonable with 4 cars and the house insurance.

IMG_1137.JPG

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
State Farm won't write Vipers in texas - spoke to them today.....
Might also check if your company does OEM endorsement....

What's "OEM endorsement"? They just wrote up my Viper along with my Chrylser 300 in Houston - $835 for both cars every six months. :confused: I've been here for a month now and I am having trouble with the way Texas does things in general here; not a happy camper here.:rolleyes:

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amica Insurance with the highest coverage amounts, $500 deduct, no tickets/accidents is around $650/yr in MD with no driving limitations. I get the typical multi-car and homeowner discounts.

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have state farm, live in texas, pay about $130/mo, and am looking for someone else to cover and agreed value.