Viper GTS-R question

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know what(name,model#) Brembo calipers and rotors, the GTS-R had? The calipers were gold with brembo letters in red. I also believe that they were the forged monoblocks? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do you mean the GTS-R(GT-2) replicas or the GTS-R race cars? i dont have the answer i am sure someone will but most of those someones are going to be in the D starting today thru Sunday

XLR8SN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not too sure on what the GTS-R had, but, I have 6 piston monoblock calipers and a 4 piston rear. If you want I can send the part numbers to you via e-mail.

It was supposedly the closest to full motorsports caliper offered in a street application. Brembo's words....not mine.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not too sure on what the GTS-R had, but, I have 6 piston monoblock calipers and a 4 piston rear. If you want I can send the part numbers to you via e-mail.

It was supposedly the closest to full motorsports caliper offered in a street application. Brembo's words....not mine.

I think you are talking about Brembo GTR's, coudl be wrong but that sounds like the application, although it sounds like they are only 4 or 8 piston. I have these on my car

You must be registered for see images attach

Features of the GTR High Performance Brake System include:
  • Brembo forged 4 or 8 piston racing calipers with sequentially sized pistons (lighter and slimmer profile than standard Brembo GT calipers). Some GTR calipers are 1-piece monoblock construction while some are 2-piece, depending on application.
  • Brembo ventilated titanium piston inserts to form an additional heat barrier (most GTR calipers, not all)
  • Brembo two piece "floating" hat and rotor assemblies reduce unsprung weight and dissipate heat faster
  • Brembo slotted and directionally vented two piece rotors
  • DOT and TUV certified Goodridge stainless steel brake lines; guaranteed for life
  • Brembo high performance brake pads; up to 4 per caliper; available in street or race compounds
  • Brembo "floating" anti-rattle rotor hardware developed by Brembo for the McLaren F1 road car
  • Brembo billet brackets with aircraft quality hardware
Brembo GTR FAQ
Q. What's the difference between a Brembo GTR caliper and Brembo GT caliper?
A. There are a few differences that distinguish a GTR from a GT caliper.

1. GTR calipers are forged, GT calipers are cast. Because of this manufacturing difference, the GTR caliper can be made to have a slimmer profile, allowing it to clear more wheels. This difference also makes the GTR caliper lighter, stronger and stiffer.
  2. Most GTR calipers have ventilated, titanium pistons, while GT calipers have aluminum pistons.
  3. GTR calipers are only available in the goldish-anodizing with red machined logo. Powdercoating the caiper would retain heat. Standard Brembo GT calipers are the ones typically powdercoated (usually red, black, silver, yellow, etc.)

OP
OP
V

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think you are talking about Brembo GTR's, coudl be wrong but that sounds like the application, although it sounds like they are only 4 or 8 piston. I have these on my car

• Brembo forged 4 or 8 piston racing calipers with sequentially sized pistons (lighter and slimmer profile than standard Brembo GT calipers). Some GTR calipers are 1-piece monoblock construction while some are 2-piece, depending on application.
  • Brembo ventilated titanium piston inserts to form an additional heat barrier (most GTR calipers, not all)
  • Brembo two piece "floating" hat and rotor assemblies reduce unsprung weight and dissipate heat faster
  • DOT and TUV certified Goodridge stainless steel brake lines; guaranteed for life
  • Brembo high performance brake pads; up to 4 per caliper; available in street or race compounds
  • Brembo "floating" anti-rattle rotor hardware developed by Brembo for the McLaren F1 road car
Brembo GTR FAQ

1. GTR calipers are forged, GT calipers are cast. Because of this manufacturing difference, the GTR caliper can be made to have a slimmer profile, allowing it to clear more wheels. This difference also makes the GTR caliper lighter, stronger and stiffer.
  2. Most GTR calipers have ventilated, titanium pistons, while GT calipers have aluminum pistons.
  3. GTR calipers are only available in the goldish-anodizing with red machined logo. Powdercoating the caiper would retain heat. Standard Brembo GT calipers are the ones typically powdercoated (usually red, black, silver, yellow, etc.)

Thanks Vegas. By the way you have a PM.

XLR8SN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm dont know which version....nuts. It was a newer monoblock 6 piston in March of 2007. They didnt give me a model of GT or GTR or something like that. Just a part number.

Brembo GTR FAQ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi