Viper Has Become Hard To Start-please Help!

onebadviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone;

I own a 94' Viper that has become hard to start. It used to start in 2 seconds and now it takes 8-10 seconds. Looks like fuel may be de-pressurizing somehow. Any advise? If you tell me to replace the fuel pump or the regulator, do you know how it is done or would a mechanic have to do this?

Thanks,
Warren

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is doing the same thing. Over the years people (JON B / Partrack) have always reminded others that if you have a weak battery the Viper/and computer will start doing funny things. I am going to buy a new battery today and will let you know if it solves the problem.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup- Fresh Battery Straightened my car right out. My car was hard to start and it had a strong fuel smell upon start up, like it was flooded.

Good luck.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 95 rt/10 and just had to put a new pressure regulator in. I am a certified tech with a shop at my disposal and it took about 3-4 hours total. Would advise you have a shop do it if you have limited skills.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CHANGE THE BATTERY 1ST!!! Happened to me, and this cured the problem! If not, check fuel pressure then begin the search for the problem.....but I think you'll be surprised what changing the battery will do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte