Viper is home

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That area is a problem are on these cars. My white 2013 turned yellowish there. No bubbling, but yellow. The cat is right there and gets REALLY hot.

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That area is a problem are on these cars. My white 2013 turned yellowish there. No bubbling, but yellow. The cat is right there and gets REALLY hot.

So all GEN V seeing this problem or is it a select few? Is it worth reprinting it?

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So all GEN V seeing this problem or is it a select few? Is it worth reprinting it?
I'd get it fixed under warranty - though your best bet would be to wait till winter (I mean why take downtime when you don't need to). Just have the dealer document it.

You may have to argue with Chrysler on having Prefix repaint it instead of the dealer.

When you do get it off and the sill, wrap up the area a bit to avoid anything in the future.

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperSmith that's exactly where I am at. Either have it covered under warranty and fight to have Prefix do the work or take it off my self and send it to Prefix out of pocket. I have to be honest, I don't feel comfortable having a dealership touch the car.

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Updates? I am looking to buy a Gen V Viper

Sure thing. After visiting two dealerships and seeing the inexperience of their employees when it came to Vipers and body work I decided to take care of it myself. A dealerships body shop tech told me he would have to remove the door to get to the hinge panel, that alone made me not want to let them touch the car. Also the fact that the finish wouldn't have matched if I had a dealerships body shop do the paint work. Prefix's quality is very high and among the best I've seen.

Marvin at Chrysler headquarters and Alan at Prefix took care of me. It took some leg work on my end to get Marvin and Alan in contact with each other but once I did that they took care of me and I couldn't have asked for a better outcome and experience. Marvin had Chrysler cover a new panel and paint under warranty and Alan at Prefix got the job done.

I received the new panel within a couple days and it was perfect! As for why the original blistered and bubbled, I have no idea. Here is a picture of the original and replacement. The thermal wrap on the new one is placed better imo.

If you plan on removing this panel shoot me a PM, you can remove the panel without removing the side sills, but you have to be very careful.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

porsche332

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No sometimes the thrill is buying the car.Then you find out its not usable and you try to sell it for a $20k loss.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No sometimes the thrill is buying the car.Then you find out its not usable and you try to sell it for a $20k loss.

That's exactly why there are thousands of Porsches on FleaBay at any given time, as opposed to 30 or 40 Vipers. You know, 3 of your 5 posts are textbook trolling...you realize that right?

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its a great car, I enjoy driving it more so then my 1400whp Supra. The customer service I received by Chrysler/Dodge was top shelf! I couldn't have asked for a better warranty experience once I got in contact with the right people.

In regards to the sale of the car, I am only offering it for sale due to my wife deciding to be a stay at home for our two children. I dont want to sell it and when the eBay listing expires and it is not sold, I will most likely keep it.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm I don't know much about Porsche except that everyone I know that has "Had" one eventually ends up complaining about them, for one reason or another.
If I had to guess you are not actually an enthusiast of Viper.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a great car, I enjoy driving it more so then my 1400whp Supra. The customer service I received by Chrysler/Dodge was top shelf! I couldn't have asked for a better warranty experience once I got in contact with the right people.

In regards to the sale of the car, I am only offering it for sale due to my wife deciding to be a stay at home for our two children. I dont want to sell it and when the eBay listing expires and it is not sold, I will most likely keep it.
I hope you get to keep your car. I understand your thought process. I am a stay home mom. I left a career, retirement etc behind to be with my kids, I have never
regretted it a day. It does take sacrifice. I hope things go great for your family. Best wishes

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you get to keep your car. I understand your thought process. I am a stay home mom. I left a career, retirement etc behind to be with my kids, I have never
regretted it a day. It does take sacrifice. I hope things go great for your family. Best wishes

Thank you so much for the kind words.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper