Viper Mileage??

jackson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am considering a 2000 RT10 that is cosmetically and mechanically in great condition. The only thing that is concerning me is that it has 20,000 miles or so. It was driven by a single owner here in the South (so he could drive year round). Many of the other 2000 RT10's I have looked at have 4,000-10,000 miles. I guess it just makes me wonder because the mileage on this vehicle is definitely in the high end of the range. Is there any reason that I should be particularly concerned about 20,000 miles on this 2000 RT10?

Thanks for any input.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am considering a 2000 RT10 that is cosmetically and mechanically in great condition. The only thing that is concerning me is that it has 20,000 miles or so. It was driven by a single owner here in the South (so he could drive year round). Many of the other 2000 RT10's I have looked at have 4,000-10,000 miles. I guess it just makes me wonder because the mileage on this vehicle is definitely in the high end of the range. Is there any reason that I should be particularly concerned about 20,000 miles on this 2000 RT10?

Thanks for any input.

Jackson, I would not worry about the mileage at all if the car checks out. My motor was recently rebuilt at 73,000 miles and was in great shape. I would, however dyno the car to see what kind of power it is making. I would expect at least 400-415 RWHP bone stock with K&N's. Try to get a car with an extended warranty. Also get a corresponding price break for the miles or just get a low miler for a few more $$$. If you would possibly be considering doing a supercharger, I would go with a 1997-1999 RT instead as the cast pistons of the 2000+ cars must be removed and you must put in a set of forged pistons and have the lower end machined if you go the high HP route. My .02 for what it is worth, Paolo

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are (probably) looking at the same car (Roswell GA?)! My thoughts were that I would be driving it two to three times a week to work so I would be putting lots of miles on it-so a very low mileage on, for me, is not a requirement. I also know from experience that a car that sits up for long periods of time quite often has problems. Vehicles NEED to be started and driven. 20K street miles is much better than 2500 miles put on by 10,000 'trips' a quarter mile at a time!

Bill

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The worst thing about mileage is cosmetics not mechanical. More miles = more nicks and scratches. My motor is sound at 60K so far.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with everyone. I would rather have a car that was driven regularly than one that may sit for a long period of time. 20k miles is not bad. Also look around, there are alot of good cars for sale at great prices.

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am selling my 99 rt with 13000 miles if you are interested. I just listed it on auto trader yesterday. I saw a post you made looking for rts in the South. I live in Hilton Head, SC. The car is clean and never wrecked, IM only looking for the upper 40s. I can send pics if need be.

Just some friendly info

Best Regards,
Steve Cerrato

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas