Viper owners in Miami, Orlando or surroundings?

brNOR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi!

This is certainly a far shot and probably sound ridiculous, but it`s worth a try.

My name is Magnus, I`m a 19 year old student from Norway.
In September, me and my friend Chris finished a one year compulsory military service.
After being in The Royal Guard for a year, we wanted to travel and see the world.
On the evening of the 14th of December, we`re arriving in Miami,
our last stop before we fly home from Orlando the 22nd of December.

I`ve been a big fan of the Viper since I was still playing with toy cars as a kid.
My room back home is packed with posters, banners and models of all sorts of Vipers.
Because of extreme taxes on sports cars in Norway, Vipers are very rare in Norway.
To get one registered on Norwegian plates you would pay in excess of $200 000 USD in taxes,
and that`s excluding the price of the car! However, when I was 14,
a Viper owner in my hometown took me for a drive in his red `97 GTS. A truly awesome experience and one I will never forget.
And in 2007, I got to know a young Swede who took me for a spin in his roaring black `06 SRT-10.

You might see where I`m going with this...
If I had been 21, I would surely have rented one for a day or two, but this seem to be my only option (as far as I know).
Are there any owners (Miami, Orlando or surroundings) out there who don`t mind taking their Viper for a short drive in this time period?

:)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd be surprised at the luck a post like this can have. I found a VCA member to give an out-of-state friend a ride in their Viper in just a couple hours after making a post like this! As mentioned above, the Bradenton or Moroso races would be a good spot to grab a free ride (other exotics will be there as well). I don't personally know any Orlando or Miami Viper people, or I'd call them for you. Good luck!

OP
OP
B

brNOR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrissss: Worth a try :D

Chuck 98 RT/10: I`ve sent you a PM :)

99 R/T 10: Sadly, I won`t arrive in Florida before the 15th.

V10SpeedLuvr: Good to hear, thanks!

OP
OP
B

brNOR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know I went to Moroso! Although Chuck couldn't come, I met some really friendly owners who took me for a spin on the track. Had a great day out there, lots of beautiful roaring cars and helpful and friendly SAFE Motorsports members. Thank you Chuck, Phil (SAFE), Paul (red RT/10), Gary (blue ACR) and Mickey (black Comp. Coupe) for making this the day the highlight of my around the world trip!

Oh, and if you're 18-20 years old and need a rental in Florida, try E-Z Rent a car.
I payed three times the amount of the original price, but at least they gave me a car.

A photo I took when I wasn't ridin':
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know I went to Moroso! Although Chuck couldn't come, I met some really friendly owners who took me for a spin on the track. Had a great day out there, lots of beautiful roaring cars and helpful and friendly SAFE Motorsports members. Thank you Chuck, Phil (SAFE), Paul (red RT/10), Gary (blue ACR) and Mickey (black Comp. Coupe) for making this the day the highlight of my around the world trip!

Oh, and if you're 18-20 years old and need a rental in Florida, try E-Z Rent a car.
I payed three times the amount of the original price, but at least they gave me a car.

A photo I took when I wasn't ridin':
You must be registered for see images

Very nice job to those members who helped out. Maybe there will be a future Viper owner in a few years.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte