Viper & Prowler?

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone here also have a prowler or had one? I'm considering getting one and didn't really know where to start looking. A black prowler would look good sitting next to my black viper :D

R/T 10der

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both are great cars I have a 1994 Red Viper and a 1999 Black Prowler and love them both. Try lurking on www.prowleronline.com and the guys are very helpful and I used it to locate my Prowler over 3 years ago. Have been very satisfied with the Prowler, and there online will give you pointers on what to look for.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look all over the internet. The prices have seemed to stabalize and even seem to have gone up over the past year or so.

I've owned 2 of them. The original 1997 Purple, and a 2000 Black.
My wife and son had lots of fun with the Black one, and when I took it for a cruise, it was enjoyable.
It's a GREAT car to have in the garage!!

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to own a 2002 silver Prowler, it was a very fun car. It definitely got a lot of attention. Off the top of my head the major things to note are: there was no 98 model, 99-02 had the updated 3.5 V6 engine, 00-02 had softer suspension than the 97 and 99. They made quite a few different colors, here's some good info and production numbers from the prowleronline site. http://www.prowleronline.com/facts.php

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 98 GTS and a 00 Prowler. I have always loved the look of the Prowler and since I have GTS a conv was needed for those great sunny days. I will warn you that the power is not much and if you are a Viper owner it seems like no power at all. The car gets alot of looks and is a blast.
You must be registered for see images

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently sold my 02 Candy Red Prowler... I shouldn't have done it :(

The ride on my 02 was much better than my 99.... Both were fun cars...

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive heard that they are slugs and dont move at all, but i remember seeing one with a corvette motor swap. That must have been a beast.

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would love to see a Viper motor in a prowler. I just dont think that it would fit, but then again I know nothing.

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why didn't they at-least squeeze a V8 into it? No sense in having something that looks bad-a$$ but gets beat by your dads Oldsmobile.

OP
OP
S

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The engine is the only reason I didn't get one years ago. I've wanted one for a long time but thought it just wasn't right that it only had the V6 and was waiting for Chrysler to put something bigger in it, but it never happened. Guess I'm getting older and it doesn't seem to matter as much anymore.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There actually exists a prowler with a small block v8 done at lingenfelter. The work was done and posted on the web by a guy who used to work there and the pictures are numerous and highly detailed. Finding any further follow up info on this car is next to impossible but the pics are out there of the build process.

Cheers,

Jay K.

Here's another link of someone else doing a v8 prowler.
http://www.dreamcargarage.com/2006%20feature%20cars/V8prowler.html

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should make an SRT version of it. If they can get 300 hp out of that minivan looking caliber with a 4 cyl engine, they can do it with the prowler. at least it would be respectable on the street then.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prowlers are fun cars for basic cruising...

I think the V-6 was installed because there was no room for anything else.
To clean the air filter you have to take off the passenger side engine panel. There is no other way to access it...

Its a light weight car, it does great on tight turns...

Its not a Viper but what else is :)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll prob end up with a Prowler as a semi-DD in the next year or so. I've driven one for a couple hours and really liked it. It'll never replace the Viper, but I think itd make a good alternative

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one of these (Panoz Roadster).

5925getimage_Copy-med.jpg

Not as good looking as a Prowler but all aluminum (2,400lbs) and with a mustang cobra engine, it really scoots. Handles quite well too. Only 235 made... production ended in 2000 model, I believe.

I liked the Prowler but wanted more power.
They actually supercharged a few of these.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man, I love the Panoz Roadster. How's it handle compared to the Viper? I was considering purchasing one several years back, as the prices were extremely reasonable for a new custom built car, and especially good used. Then all of the sudden the prices seemed to increase. The price for a new one seemed to increase, as did the price for pre-owned. Then they stopped making them. A few years back the used prices still seemed high (compared to where they were). How's the pricing in today's market for a decent used Roadster? Can a deal be had?

What are the pro's and con's of this car? Can you get the power to hook? Reliability? Repairs? Brakes? Any insight/info. is appreciated....

BTW - I think it's better looking than the Prowler. Lower, leaner, and more 'purposeful' looking.

R/T 10der

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the help looks like I added a E in the post SORRY, still new to the computer and full of mi :confused: stakes but learning....I should have checked it....

MajorGeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had a 2001 I think I sold it after a rusty Chevy Astro minivan almost beat me. Nuff said. The front of the car is a V, so hope you like driving with your left foot pointing inwards all the time. The car is simply a beautifully styled car. If you love the way they look, you might be happy. It was a very reliable car. You can get the tires to squeak if you really try. I had supercharged mine and it was still a slug. Consider nitrous or a lot of boost, which cuts into reliability on the supercharger.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Major Geek, great post. "I supercharged mine and it was still a slug." If you lack the power (prowler), lack the size (mini pooper/cooper) or lack reality (honda element), just please move on.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fun car...You will notice every ricer wants to race you when you drive it, and many will smoke you, and you will be wishing you were in your Viper every time it happens...Triple black is the way to go...Do the front bumper delete and add the custom turn signals in there place...those front bumpers are hideous...AL...00PROWLER... :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte