Viper Racing Seats

Godsil Performance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think the interest would be on selling these? All leather racing seat with cut-outs for 5-points and the Viper emblem, instead of the Z06 emblem shown here, in the headrests. In your choice of colors at a price of about $2500 per set.
You must be registered for see images

MW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Better check the way the rollbars/sidebars are made for the Vipers- (ie Autoform, BTR, etc.) There may clearance problems with the side bolsters...

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is that expensive for LEATHER racing seats? You guys will pay $400 for lug nuts and not $2500 for seats? I would be interested...but Cogniac Connelly would HAVE To be a color option in lieu of the Red.

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does the fifth belt go through the seat bottom, and not over the front of the seat cushion? If not, you should consider that modification. Also, if the side bolsters on the back are too long, you will find it difficult to get into the car.

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! IS IT BECAUSE THE SEATS W/LEATHER ARE $1,500 AND ADD $1,000 WHEN YOU ADD THE VIPER LOGO .
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
confused.gif

FIT MAY BE A PROBLEM, WHEN USED WITH A ROLL-BAR...I HAVE AN AUTO-FORM AND IT IS TIGHT

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw the qoute "Why is that expensive for LEATHER racing seats? You guys will pay $400 for lug nuts and not $2500 for seats?"

I had a custom set of seat made from scratch with memory foam, leather, and design time for $1500.00 for the set (in my Cobra).THese were show qaulity and very trick. It is true, when it is for a Viper it seems to be double the cost of any other car application....then again, the Viper is just not any other car.....

OP
OP
G

Godsil Performance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be talking about an AC Cobra. Aren't those seats about half the size of a stock Viper set? My seats are a bargin then.
laugh.gif
Seriously though, I am not trying to make a killing on these. Let me break it down. A set of Sparco seats run $1,000 at the lowest. I could find a cheaper set be that is what they would be is cheap. So now I am at $1,000, then a nice hide of leather runs about $500, I will need two hides, especially if someone wants two colors. Now I am at $2,000 and I haven't even started to put them together. I don't plan on making much on these seats but I want to produce them to get my name out there so when I bring out more products people won't be cautious, they will know my product are top quality.

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first Thing I recomend that you do, si see how they fit in various Vipers with roll bars....They stock seats definetly rub alons sode the Autoform brand....

OP
OP
G

Godsil Performance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know of a certain brand that rubs? That way I can stay away from that one. Also I have a guy here that wants a one piece carbon fiber seat done in leather and I will be offering that soon. Thanks for your advice.

MW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
why do guys want LEATHER racing seats?
IF I had a custon carbon fiber seat built I sure would not hide it!
The stock seats are definitly a problem if you install a drag racing (NHRA)type side bar. (side shoulder bolsters of seat won't allow it )
I had to modify my Autoform side bar to shut the car door. No way to hookup the bar/pin. For it's cost ($2100) it should have bolted in like advertised w/o mods or damage to seat! Otherwise it looks and is made nice.

OP
OP
G

Godsil Performance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did these up actually for Corvettes first because I knew that they would sell big there. Being that you guys actually race your cars and you are only into parts that enhance it instead of looking fast I knew it would be a tougher sell. I understand that I might not sell any seats to the Viper crowd, I just thought that I would try to widen my market. Thank you for your advice guys.