VIPER SRT-10 HEADERS/ EXHAUST OPINIONS

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know for sure i either want Belanger headers w/ full 3inch corsa (customized) or The FULL Belanger system with No crossovers/hf cats (for both SYSTEMS). Now which one?? I heard the full 3 inch corsa with belangers tonight and it sounded awesome!!

I was told that the full belanger set up is i bit louder.
I'm thinking i want to go with belanger cause the system is lighter.

Does anyone have a pic of what the belanger chrome 3' tips look like??

Any comments or opinions please. THANKS!

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Belanger headers, hf cats, mit crossover and LOVE 'em. Makes the car sound like it should have from the factory. Worth every penny!

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went thru this same issue a few weeks ago and after some research went with the full Belanger system. Call Lou Belanger, I don't have his number on me, but it is posted on this forum... this discussion is not a new one, just search using his name. He was nice and was able to explain the difference between his system and others, without trashing anyone else but still explaining why theirs was superior, but conceeding that it is also a matter of taste.

I can't speak yet from personal experience because my car is still with Doug Levin in Miami (305-249-7223) and I am sure he would be happy to speak with you about the install, and give you his thoughts, since the system was already installed. Still waiting for the 3.55 gears to be installed and a few other parts. It had been a few years since Doug installed a full Belanger system because he had an issue with the tips on the exhaust, but that was corrected a year ago. I went with no cats, no crossover, so you also have to order a simulator as well so you don't get engine check light coming on...

Good luck!

Charles

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Belanger was my first choice, its a great system, but opted for B&B because it had the same specs and design but made out of T-304 stainless steel. BOTH ARE GREAT THOUGH

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Be careful not to delete your crossover unless you like really loud exhaust. Been down this road too. Spent many thousands re-doing it.

One of the guys I "play" with runs the full Belanger w/o crossovers and you can hear him for miles. When my car was equally equipped / modded as his but with the B & B system, I pulled him easily, every time, any speed. B & B step headers seem to make more power than the Belangers.

I went for the B & B stepped headers for power. I tried the Corsa Track = too loud. I changed the mufflers from Corsa to Dynomax to Magnaflow, still too loud. Tried vortex cones, lost about 10 rwhp. I added back the factory crossover, very quiet but lost 15 rwhp.

I later ended up with the full B & B system with 3 inch crossover & h/f cats. Lots of power, very little restriction, quiet while cruising, screams at wot.

This is just my experience. Good luck.

Dan

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
... Still waiting for the 3.55 gears to be installed and a few other parts. ... -Charles

Mav...you're going to dig the 3.55's if you haven't already experienced them in a SRT-10, really keeps the Paxton on boil. :)

Lou, the Corsa Track sounds sure sounds good so one would think any custom system they did would also be well [sound] engineered. I'll bet the 3" system with Belangers headers you heard sure must of kicked out the db's! :D

As to keep the crossover or not...couldn't even imagine keeping that 2 1/2" mile length of bottleneckin' piping and built-in roaster in my car.

OP
OP
S

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with 3 inch crossover & h/f cats. Lots of power, very little restriction, quiet while cruising, screams at wot.

Thanks for the replys! Where did you get full 3 inch crossover from? And How much power did you lose from it? Do you know?

Does anyone know what the belanger CHROME exhaust tips look like? Any pics? I hear they look like corsa. thank you!

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with 3 inch crossover & h/f cats. Lots of power, very little restriction, quiet while cruising, screams at wot.

B&B about $2200.00

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Borla Cat back sounds great and only cost $800. The only problem is theres not alot of people who have Borla so you'll just have to take a risk without hearing it. Part of the reason why i bought it is because alot of people don't have it. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

OP
OP
S

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B&B about $2200.00

Is that just crossover with h/f cats for $2200??

How much for the step headers + crossover, h/f cats?

Thanks

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's pricey, but worth it, lasts a life time...JohnB got me a good price on the whole set, but still over $5500.00 :usa: