VIPER TAX!

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately the viper tax not only applies to the items that you purchase, apparently people believe that if you can afford to buy a viper then you can afford to buy a new pair of sunglasses and nice pen. I was driving around with my wife a few days ago and went to P.F. Changs to eat. The valet was very nice and parked my car at the very front in the shade. I left the guy a nice tip and went on my way. Since it was dark I did not reach for my glasses. Yesterday I went nuts looking for them and finally realized what happened. P.O.S. valet guy received a better tip than I thought! I am going back to talk to him today.

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't imagine turning over my "PRIDE AND JOY" to some complete stranger. I know that it is done all the time, but I just have a problem with it. The things in that car are MINE, and are to remain mine. Let us know how this turns out because there is a P F Chang here in town and I am curious to see how they handle it!

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let us all know how this turns out.

I recently visited P.F. Chang's. It was over at the Irvine Spectrum for you cali guys you know the Valet has nothing to do with the particular business but is for the mall in general.

I pulled up and politely handed the valet a photo of Andrew Jackson and asked if he had a spot I could pull into. He said sure and pointed. I pulled in and was immediately ask for my keys. I politely refused, and then everyone went into BS mode telling me it was not allowed. I politely said ‘I don't care’ and where I would be and that they could reach me by cell if the car needed to be moved.

I politely explained that NO ONE but me is EVER allowed to drive MY car.

After all the head and *** scratching was over they conceded and allowed me to keep the keys. I thought that was mighty nice of them to 'ALLOW' me to keep the keys to my own car.

Friggin’ OC skateboarder’s never ran into a hick from the sticks before I suppose. You guys in OC need to assert yourself a little more with these valet kids so they stop giving me a hard time. :D

You got to stand for something and I stand for not allowing a 20 year old valet anywhere near the keys to my Viper, let alone to actually drive it.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would NEVER let any valet touch my car! I bet they do smoke shows with them after everyone leaves :eek: !

OP
OP
S

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I am an idiot for letting the guy drive it. He drove it maybe 35 ft. and I stood there and watched him. I could see the car the entire time I was eating. I am headed over there now to talk with them. I will let everyone know how it went.

ViperCorp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right on! Valets are never to drive the Viper or Lambo and yes, keep the keys! Flip them 20 and they'd be hard pressed to refuse. If they say "sorry thats policy", I say, "Sorry, my policy is to leave and go somewhere else" Clutches are expensive and I'm sure the valet company won't pay for a 10K clutch job on a Lambo, let alone a Viper.

A good example is the Chandler mall here in AZ - the fire marshall has ruled that "up front" parking to be prohibited -- if you valet at the mall, the valet's gotta drive your car to a fricken DIRT LOT on the other side of the building.

Needless to say, I don't SHOP at that mall anymore or any of the periphial bars/restaurants. Valet + Dirt Lot = Scottsdale Mall gets my business.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I let a friend drive my car once. It came back hot, and leaking antifreeze. Never again. and that was a friend. Imagine how a stranger treats your car. Maybe like this: (Remember the Firestone thread?)

You must be registered for see images

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Christams eve years ago, NYC I valet my Vette at the time, the valet asks me if I will be needing it that night, I say no. Xmas morning Im in a great mood, the same valet packs my car full of gifts & off to see the relatives, I tip him large, get in my car notice the trip odometer shows 138 miles (I reset it as a habit) I turn the key & boom MY NEW BORLA EXHAUST IS MISSING!!!!! I see the guy running down the street to the garage, I chase him he locks the door on his glass cage, Im crazed & the thing that really ****** me off for some reason is the tip?!? I want my tip back I scream, he slips an envelope under the door & its an insurance form! needless to say I never valet anything,If the kid is too stupid to let me pay for a spot , i leave.