Watch out for this Blue/White 08 Viper on eBay

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
History? He doesn't even state ANY history on it. Ha.

Is it a rebuild salvage? I can't see the auto history without paying.

Lots of miles... That thing was driven.

Edit, is that your car Malu?

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, seen that add and thought that guy was out of his mind!

I also thought that was your old car! I was thinking about buying yours but ended up buying its brother from another mother :).

How many B&W's where made in 08??? That's what raised my eyebrow......

-Tim

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
when my Blue/White '06 Coupe was on ebay last week I received constant comparisons to that ' 08 as well as the white/blue coupe missing its front emblem.

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were zero factory Blue/White 08's made. Bill had Prefix stripe his car before delivery (the company that did them for Dodge), and I had mine done a few months after I bought my car, to the exact factory specs that Bill provided me. The story on my old car is that the title isn't clean, and he's saying it is. That car was beat on every day of it's life with thousands of miles of street racing, a few trips to the drag strip, and tons of rush hour driving as it served as my daily driver. Car never skipped a beat, but it certainly wasn't pampered. I didn't even know the car was for sale until a member here PM'd me about it, and when I contacted the seller, he gave me some b.s. story about it. He is being less than truthful, and I don't want any of my friends on the VCA to purchase the car under false pretenses, that's all. He should be straight forward and not try to screw people over. If you don't mind a salvaged high mileage Viper being sold for the same price as a clean 08, go for it. The photo below shows how poor the repair is, where the fender/bumper/hood gap is messed up on the driver's side.

You must be registered for see images attach

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yikes! Too bad eBay doesn't allowing flagging! Great of you to make this post!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on you for bringing this up to the forum Malu

It seemed sketchy when I saw it up there, and since I knew there weren't any factory B/W coupes, I knew it must be yours and PMed you. What an Azzhole

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, Thanks for Warning Us or to at least let us know the Real History & then if someone still wants it you can't say you didn't at least tell them about it first (I would hope everybody on here would do the same for its fellow Viper Brothers & Sisters)! Malu, did you tell the guy you use to own it & that you KNOW its real history! jmo

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were zero factory Blue/White 08's made. Bill had Prefix stripe his car before delivery (the company that did them for Dodge), and I had mine done a few months after I bought my car, to the exact factory specs that Bill provided me. The story on my old car is that the title isn't clean, and he's saying it is. That car was beat on every day of it's life with thousands of miles of street racing, a few trips to the drag strip, and tons of rush hour driving as it served as my daily driver. Car never skipped a beat, but it certainly wasn't pampered. I didn't even know the car was for sale until a member here PM'd me about it, and when I contacted the seller, he gave me some b.s. story about it. He is being less than truthful, and I don't want any of my friends on the VCA to purchase the car under false pretenses, that's all. He should be straight forward and not try to screw people over. If you don't mind a salvaged high mileage Viper being sold for the same price as a clean 08, go for it. The photo below shows how poor the repair is, where the fender/bumper/hood gap is messed up on the driver's side.

I knew there weren't any 08 B&W plus Bill did let me know of the prefix situation and you having them done.

Also to add to this situation as stated I was interested in buying Malu's car. He was very honest with me and let me know about the incident, the racing, and was even kind enough to relay videos of the car being used and well..... Beat on to say the least. I was OK with all this and felt it was reflected in the price and appreciated the honesty. Unfortunately when Malu was ready to sell I didn't have the funds available. Ended up working out another deal and could NOT be any happier.

Hope this guy smarts up a bit and decides to be honest.

Tim

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill's car, and Bill are both second to none. Tim, you could not have found a better car or person to deal with. I'm sure it will make you as happy as my 08 did.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I clearly said no Cheese Balls and No Dreamers but unfortunately we have encountered the very common phenomenon

Of the leader of the "CHEESE BALL BROKE ASS DREAMERS" AKA " C-B-B-A-D" and he has taking it upon himself from his double wide trailer in Canada

After I refused his offer of $40k he has decided to make a fake Blog posting un truths about the car. I posted a CLEAR picture of the TITLE

it CLEARLY shows NO SALVAGE or ACTUAL MILE issues as this parasite is claiming. He is just mad he can't afford the car.

When I bought the car it had a damaged bumper and the hood was cracked. All work was done at Dodge Dealership and the bill was $1843.77

Then he makes claims that a 2013 is not available for me to buy? Well when you see it in my upcoming auctions for $15k OVER STICKER

that might change his mind. I have a family member who is an Employee at Dodge and one of the First 100 cars will be in my driveway you can bet on it.

If you notice my 100% perfect over 719 and notice the SL65 Black Series and CL65 Black Series in the back round of the pictures you can see

that I'm not a car dealer, Just a guy who sold a HUGE Tech company and likes to collect Exotic cars.

The same way this dreamer collects Justin Bieber dolls.

ENJOY!!!

The seller appears upset.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1B3JZ69Z28V200151

Googling the VIN helped me know my 08 was GTG. Maybe this will warn someone else.

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seller isn't talking about me, as I never made an offer on the car, nor do I live in Canada. I guarantee you the damage was over $2,000. Bumper, hood, driver side fender, radiator, carbon fiber fender liner, frame, hood latch, airbox, bar that the oil cooler hangs on, frame itself on the driver side was bent in. The vehicle was totaled out in December, and sent to auction earlier this year. I even watched the insurance auction (www.iaai.com) as it went through, and it had a salvage title. Again, I don't want anyone misled by the seller. If you are fine paying clean title prices for a salvage title high mileage car, feel free, but don't be misled. Yes, I have photos of the car with all the damage.

SM1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm odd. Was the accident ever reported? I did a quick run on the autocheck and the car comes out clean. Was the damage ever reported to the insurance company?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy the car no matter how much I love B/W, no offense. But come on, after such an ad like that I would have at least expected these seat belted in the passenger seat...

You must be registered for see images attach

--RS

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was the car repo'd? How would it be salvage if he has a copy of the clean title , that shows the previous title state, as Texas

Malu, Not saying thats the case, if you claim otherwise. but, why If An insurace company paid off the car in Texas. Would the next state issue a clear title? Once a car is totaled, the owner releases title to the insurance company, and they reissue as salvage.

If what your saying is true, and this is a salvage car. I agree, the seller is total ****. But is that the entire story?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just said the car was totaled out and the insurance paid me for the car. I followed the car through iaai (insurance auto auctions). Not sure how this isn't clear. Looks like he pulled the auction. Repo is funny, I probably could not have bought my Lamborghini if my car was repo'd.

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for you.. I'm just telling you what I was told, when I inquired about the car, that's all... I was told, he purchased it from a "repo" auction, with damage. And that the damage was $1400 to repair, and he has receipts to show.

A good friend of mine was seriously interested in this car. I emphasize, was... To many stories with it.

Anyway, thanks for the thread. It definitely shed some Light on the situation. And I'm sure cost the guy several deals

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on the state, after you fix a salvage titled car, they issue a new title that is clean. So technically, the car can have a clean title, but a salvage history.

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would totally blow a gasket if I had bought that and found out he decieved me of my dream puchase like that. I would DEFINITELY be back knocking on his face, oh i mean door.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave