Web Store?

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody know what happen to our WA Region web store?
The old links in here don't work and the link on our WA region page doesnt exist anymore.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that some time ago and asked Steve what happened....and he said

"Apparently, there was some connection between JR Thompson and National VCA and Charlton, and the contract was dissolved in November. Meaning that all of the VCA web stores are now defunct. We weren't the only one. I expect that National will have something to tell us in the spring. I don't expect anything in january."

So it's broken because of the split off of JRT. Just one of those things that weren't thought about at National and have not been addressed, or iof they have been addressed, (shhhh) it's a secret!

I wanted to set up something similar for my fishing club too.

PBR

OP
OP
C

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Paul.
Seems like it may have been a conflict with "VCA goods". Too bad, I liked our web store.

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Freshly back from the President's meeting, I can clarify part of this.

Washington and Northern California were 2 of a few Regions using a particular company for our regional web-stores. They all went away at the same time, and I'm still not exactly sure why, because our National officers were not aware of this action, and had nothing to do with it.

I disabled the link because it was no longer functional. We were informed by the company in September that this would happen in November, which is why we scrambled like crazy to get PayPal in place for the Holiday Party event fee processing. We had previously used our web-store to process credit card payments for the party event fees, and keep track of registration. I am happy to report that that transition took place so smoothly that we received no negative feedback, and most folks didn't even mention it.

I brought this item up during the meeting, and after some discussion, it was well understood that these web-stores fulfill a need that is not covered by VCA Goods, so we don't consider it a competitive issue. The Board was very receptive to helping us in this area, and I provided feedback that I felt it would be a good idea if we could collectively put a similar capability in place in the future, fully under the VCA umbrella. And while there is no program or commitment at this time, I am looking forward to continuing conversation with our National officers in the future.

In the interim, we will likely pursue the same course that Northern California took, with an alternate provider.

In case you are wondering what makes this web store different from VCA Goods, here are a few key points:

• This web store provides clothing selected from a very large catalog, with offerings, options, colors, and pricing controlled by our region.
  • This web store provides our regional logos (multiple) as a simple click, including color options.
  • This web store provides a direct cash flow to our Region, from commission-able sales to our members.
  • This store provides us the capability to create our own in-house (Regional) electronic ticketing for club events, on an event-by-event basis, with net proceeds (less processing costs) directly to our Region.
So, I would expect a short time where we continue to have a gap in this capability, followed by a third party provider, very similar to what we've had in the past. And who knows, maybe at some point in the future, it could be fully under the VCA umbrella, potentially reducing costs considerably.