Webber carb conversion

Caesar!

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone make a manifold and linkage kit for carb conversion for the Viper...I want to have webber carburators sitting along the V10....Side draft carbs would fit in the engine compartment and 40DCOE webbers webber work..

Possibly two or three two bbl webbers on each side ala Ferrari/Lambo or maybe single carbs along each piston just like porsches flat six.

Anyone has done this please let me know.
Thanks

OP
OP
C

Caesar!

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want to have the induction of carbs wailing at Full throttle . Just as i had the conversion on my Alfa and on My Porsche.
I have a funny feeling it'll give it more power....But the look and the concept..Im intriqued

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm scratching my head, but I think there was a Gen3 with a white hood that had a cut away over the top of the engine and some downdraft intakes fitted, I think it was featured in a Viper magazine? I will go and see if I can find it. :)

Right the car I was thinking of was the ASC Diamond back Viper VCA Raffle car featured in Viper magazine Summer 2008

The engine featured 10 trumpeted air intakes with individual port throttles. A McLaren Performance Technologies feature reminiscent of the old can am engines.

Looks bloody good.

Last edited:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not many people make UN-performance mods. not really a great marketing standpoint.

Thank you for taking a break from your past 55 comments straight about politics to comment on something Viper related.
Its a start:2tu:

I think Caesar is just confused/mistaken. Converting a Fuel Injected car to Carbureted would be silly.
Individual Throttle Bodies is prob what he really wants. In which case would be a performance mod.

Some more info on that here:
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/643382-New-Viper-Owner-Curious-About-GTS-R-Mods

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you want is a GTS-R intake, with it's 10 individual throttle bodies. With a set of well tuned Webers, you won't get more power, but can probably match stock performance, but you'll likely lose some gas mileage in the process. Switching to carburetors isn't practical though because you'll still need a computer to run the ignition. If you've got to run the computer anyway, there's no reason not to run injectors too, and I've no idea if the stock ECM will run the timing without the injectors hooked up as well.

OP
OP
C

Caesar!

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those individual Throttle bodies look amazing... but I have a demented idea to have a carb conversion on the monstrou V10 Think of how insane that would be and for whatever dilusio al reason I have a funny feeling it will be as fast if not faster than a stock Gts

Im laminating the vision of carbs waili ng as that Monster 488 howls sucking back all that fuel and the sheer coolness of this concept and set up.

Has anyone attempted or done a carb conversion?

OP
OP
C

Caesar!

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow!!! Finally...lol..AZTVR.. Very Nice!!...Did you make your own manifold? How does it run? How does the set up compare to FI?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!!! Finally...lol..AZTVR.. Very Nice!!...Did you make your own manifold? How does it run? How does the set up compare to FI?

Those aren't mine, just internet photos. I am not that industrious. I was also intrigued at your idea and did a bit of "googling" to see if there are any other looneys out there. Apparently so. :) I would not have the capability or drive to do that myself and I agree that it seems like it would be a backwards step on a Viper. However, I certainly would be impressed, seeing it done. I like seeing something different and bold.

Here is a relevant thread.http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330046
The Hot Rod guys using the V10 would be the ones more likely to want to do something so outrageous. I think 5 webers would be ultimately outrageous ! (Well, come to think of it, 10 Stromberg 97 carbs would be the mostest outrageous.)

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a stack carb setup, you may gain some top end WOT performance over the stock GTS system simply because a short individual runner intake is designed for more top end, but performance for all other types of driving will not equal the stock EFI. You will lose power down low, and you will lose gas mileage. A better solution would be something like the Dynatec Classic system. It looks like Webers, but is actually an EFI system.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Caesar!

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Omg Jeff those look beautiful... Now can these adapt to fit under a stock hood....I doubt..
AZTVR.. Ya man!!! 5 Webbers or the 10 Strombergs would be visually jaw dropping..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson