Weight of the Viper

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "official" weight of the Viper is, I believe, 3,460 lbs. Is that with all fluids? I want to play with my new GTech timing device this weekend and won't have time to get the car officially weighed. So, question is:

What does a Gen II RT/10 weigh, full tank of gas, all fluids, hard top OFF, soft top in the trunk? Anyone know for sure? Guesses?

Thanks,

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RCDice,

G-Tech is a greate tool. However weight is not everything. Don't forget the air resistance of your car when you hit 130mph in 4th gear. G-Tech will under estimate your HP if using the accurate weight. If you know what is your real HP you will calibrate G-Tech with the weight of your car. For instance if your car weights 3700lb and G-Tech shows 400hp and you think you have 500hp then you will increase the weight in G-Tech to 4000lb. Weight is used to calibrate G-Tech. Even if the HP is not accurate the essential is to compare your runs. For instance you can compare how much HP you gain when temperature drops from 90F to 32F. The result will be amazing.

OP
OP
R

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schulmann,

Should be fun. I've had the car dynoed before so I have a pretty good idea of hp/tq. My primary goals with the G-Tech are to establish some baselines and to try and improve from there. More so 0-60, 0-100 and 1/4 mile. I look at hp/tq as more of a bonus with this unit but I certainly want to try to get as accurate as possible readings. Also, want to know what any changes do to, not only acceleration, but actual hp/tq.

My planned testing this year is to establish baseline runs as noted above. Then swap to a 3.45 gear, and see if the times improve. Next, switch to stickier rear tires (probably Kumho) and test again. Will most likely take me all summer with all I've got going on and with gear break in and all. Should be interesting.

Had the car out early a.m. this past weekend. As you know, we've had some beautiful days here in OH lately. Was about mid 40's early a.m. Power difference was noticeable. The snake loves that cool air! :2tu:

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fairly close to stock trim my RT was 3380lb's. This was without the spare tire, 1/4 tank gas, and with a borla cat back.

After some more mods to reduce weight it is now, 3300 even. You can get it much lighter but it would require to remove items and comfort.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there was some guy, that actually took his brand new, STOCK 2002 ACR to be weighed with a full tank of gas and all fluids in the car... he drove over to the weighing station...

If i could only remember his name... I do remember it was in his signature though....

if only I could remember who...

|
|
|
|
V

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a stock 93 and weighed at my local drag strip scales. 3750lbs with a full tank of gas, me (210lb), fiberglass top and VMania side windows.

OP
OP
R

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good info, thank you all. I think I'll "assume" 3,450 (hardtop removed) plus my 195 and another five for the fire extinguisher for a total of 3,650. I will have it weighed at some point but wanted something to enter this weekend.

Plugged the G-Tech into my daily driver this evening and started getting it set up. Can't wait. Should be a pretty cool toy.

Chad, nope, no Cinci for me this weekend. I'll be lucky to get the car out for a few hours Sunday a.m. BTW, your car looked great this past weekend.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rcdice,

The R/T is considerably lighter than a GTS, without the top your car should be 3400-3410lb's.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4