Well, I'm finally a Viper owner!

Reaction score
Re: Well, I\'m finally a Viper owner!

Congratulations on the purchase of your Viper.Be careful when driving it.I think that most people are curious and just want to get a glimpse of the car up close.The problem is that sometimes they get too close for comfort and are more interested in looking at your car than concentrating on their driving.If you feel that you are being tailgated or put in an uncomfortable situation,remove yourself from it.Good luck!

OP
OP
S
Reaction score

In my case I dont think that my license plate frame or my personalized plate helps much either.But what the hell,thats how I feel and it makes me smile!!

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great job on the Viper.

Bob is right on. People follow me on the highway and stay in my blind spot for miles just to get a look at my car. It is hard to get used to.

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bob,

Good Luck. I know what you are talking about with the rubber neckers. I have many cars, but none of them stop traffic like the Viper.

Have Fun,
ROB

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I get the same thing too (and I'm 32!) I rent mine so I always have the "For Rent" signs on it. I can't begin to tell you how many people think I work for the company and am "just driving the car" for the owner....

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I still can't get used to people taking photographs of me while we're driving down the road.

Steve

SCS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Speaking of photographs...

I was pulling into a toll plaza at the expressway the other night following behind a mini van...When we got up to where you stop to pay, a guy jumps out the side door on the van and starts taking several pictures of my GTS...Gave me a thumbs up, hopped back in the van and took off...

I was a little surprised as I've never had anything like that happen before not even when I had my Ferrari...

My passenger thought it was hysterical...

The line behind us did not find it quite as amusing...

Driving the Viper is an adventure...

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome to Viper ownership! Fortunately/Unfortunately this is part of owning the car. I'm 26 and get the same 'punk kid' stereotype applied to me on occasion, but I will say that for the most part given the opportunity people are nice.

We've all had the person glue themselves to our bumper driving the 78 Nova ****** "to get a laugh". We've had the awestruck car-load of teens swerve through 5 lanes and drive on both sides of the car to admire it. In all I've gotten 50x more 'thumbs up' than I have the 'finger up'
You must be registered for see images
This is all part of the Viper experience. The best I've had yet I think was at night on the freeway with a carload of teens snapping pics next to me with this enormous camera flash going off in their car. I'm sure the driver was near blind! I've also had a guy lean out of an SUV window and shoot video, you name it.

Last night was funny though, I went to the movies and parked next to a black Z06. I came out, and next to me was a black C4 vette, and next to him was a silver camaro. Thats when you know the owners are just cool 'car guys'. It was like our own little American musclecar lineup.

Congrats, there's a lot more fun to come.

- Mark ('99 ACR)

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome aboard! I, too, have had the same experiences. People think I'm a punk kid and cut me off or flip me off or yell at me, and I'm 35!!! For the most part, most people are nice. I have had many of the photo experiences that others talk about, it's hilarious. Just the other night, two young ladies pull up to me and start snapping away. They yell out, "Your car is the sexiest thing we have ever seen!!". **** ! I thought they were taking pictures of me!!!!! Should'a known better with this ugly mug. Have fun and be safe. It's all too easy to let the power of the beast get the best of you.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark Young:

Last night was funny though, I went to the movies and parked next to a black Z06. I came out, and next to me was a black C4 vette, and next to him was a silver camaro. Thats when you know the owners are just cool 'car guys'. It was like our own little American musclecar lineup.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That seems to happen quite often in my experience, where all the nicer sports cars park next to each other, distant from the entrance - it's one time I don't mind people parking next to me, because they're out there for the same reason, to avoid the idiots.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ulysses:
Just the other night, two young ladies pull up to me and start snapping away. They yell out, "Your car is the sexiest thing we have ever seen!!". **** ! I thought they were taking pictures of me!!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe you shoulda said something like "you should take a look inside for something sexier"

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Maybe you shoulda said something like "you should take a look inside for something sexier"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you see that Friends episode last week with Denise Richards. Ross couldn't come up with something good to say to her after he tried to kiss her. I'm sorta like that. I'll just sit there wondering what to say. I Couldn't come up with a witty comeback if my life depended on it.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Ulysses, How many times do I have to tell you not to spend so much time in the car crusing around Hillcrest?
(JK)

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Marv S on April 27, 2001 at 18:16</font>

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HA HA HA HA! Very Funny Marv.
All you others have to know San Diego to understand what Marv is talking about. Let's just say some people down there like to play on the same team, and that's as far as I am going on that.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Hey Bob,
About time you pulled the trigger. Too bad you missed the Payson drive last Sat. 15 snakes, wide open road......... Catch up to us next time. More events are coming.....
www.azvipers.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32