Went to the ALMS race in DC yesterday!

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday was the first ALMS race held in DC. Gary A and I went down to check out the action and to cheer on the American Viper Racing Team. I had never been to this type of race before so it was a very exciting experience for me. I was awestruck by the incredible enterages that these guys had. One thing I noticed was that the Vipers had no factory support whatsoever!
pissed.gif
The Corvette guys must have an operation five times as nice as the Vipers, no wonder they are winning. The race was great as was the scenery
yesnod.gif
despite the hundred degree temperatures. The race began with the Corvettes in front of the gts class and they pretty much stayed there all day, followed by the Olive Garden Ferari, the Vipers were somewhere around 11th place and fell further behind as the day went on. Later in the race one of the Vipers had to withdraw from the race because of damage that occurred Saturday in testing. The American Viper Racing guys were extremely nice, they let me sit in the car too! Anyway, I was just wondering what the heck Dodge is thinking. All they want to sponsor is NASCAR! It's a really disheartening experience seeing what I saw. How does Dodge think they're going to promote Vipers with NASCAR? Any other thoughts on Dodges lack of support for the Viper racing teams?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finances gotta be the reason. Rules changes also make things difficult. Maybe they're working on putting the Gen III on the track.

I watched it on tv. Good show.

Reaction score
The Viper is competitive with the present ALMS GTS restrictions.
ORECA placed 3rd in GTS at the 24 hours of Le Mans without DC's help. ORECA had 2 young rooky drivers and a starter motor that had to be repalced. Otherwise they would have been pushing the Vette's.

The AVR guys are great! They need help to compete with the other ALMS teams.

It is hard to understand why DC dropped the ORECA program. The party line holds little water. Are there are political issues between German's and the French?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte