Western Zone Rendezvous March 18-20

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Registration forms are going out and will be posted on the VCA site.

Highlights:

[*]VIPER (Dodge) vs VIPER (F-16) Drag Race [*]VIP Reception and Private Air Show at Luke Air Force Base [*]Tour of the Daimler Chrysler Arizona Proving Grounds. [*]Auto Cross [*]Drag Racing [*]VIP area exclusive for Viper Club at the Luke Days

It will be a very busy weekend and is a great value.

Maybe even some surprises you don't expect.. :cool:

OP
OP
Marv S

Marv S

VCA Officer
Reaction score

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've been to both F-16 races, and to the Proving Grounds 3 times....So I'll really be BORED to go again, right ??
'
'
'
'
'
'

WRONG !!!! Not to miss.....bring sunscreen.

See ya there !

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. SRT-10's trunk is a bit small for three days though. Guess I could always leave the wife at home!

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Any restrictions on SRT-10's?

Reaction score
Marv:

We're signed up and look forward to it.

Dan, above is asking about Drag Strip rules. Perhaps you can comment about SRTs & RT/10s and requirements for tops, etc. so everyone knows what to expect. You may recall we had to hand out arm straps to RT/10 owners without tops at the last Rendezvous, because the Strip Manager did not want arms flailing around in the event of an incident. Any specific rules, including needs for modded cars like Dan's will be helpful.

Also a couple more questions:
1) I'll be trailering my Snake (with track tires mounted), and noticed that we will be leaving our cars at the Air Base after drag racing. Can I park my vehicle + trailer (with Viper) with the rest of the cars, and take the bus like everyone else? This makes it convenient since I would not need to make tire changes at all.

2) Logistically, will we be able to load our luggage on the bus on Sunday morning (after Hotel checkout) to return to our cars at the Air Base?

Thanks

OP
OP
Marv S

Marv S

VCA Officer
Reaction score
<font color="blue"> Greg, This event keeps getting better and better. Surprises keep lining up and there are some awesome items in the goodie bags unique to this event. Anyone not attending is really missing out. See you in 2 weeks! </font>

Marv:
We're signed up and look forward to it.

Dan, above is asking about Drag Strip rules. Perhaps you can comment about SRTs &amp; RT/10s and requirements for tops, etc. so everyone knows what to expect. You may recall we had to hand out arm straps to RT/10 owners without tops at the last Rendezvous, because the Strip Manager did not want arms flailing around in the event of an incident. Any specific rules, including needs for modded cars like Dan's will be helpful. <font color="blue"> The track is an NHRA track. I have been out there when guys from the club are racing their SRT-10's. Track required helmets and tops to be up for them. For high h/p Vipers that run faster than 11.5 I believe, they were requiring extra safety equipment. </font>

Also a couple more questions:
1) I'll be trailering my Snake (with track tires mounted), and noticed that we will be leaving our cars at the Air Base after drag racing. Can I park my vehicle + trailer (with Viper) with the rest of the cars, and take the bus like everyone else? This makes it convenient since I would not need to make tire changes at all. <font color="blue"> The air base will allow a limited number of people to park vehicle+trailer at the base BUT I have to submit their names/vehicle description to the base by March 10th so anyone planning on this please contact me before than. </font>

2) Logistically, will we be able to load our luggage on the bus on Sunday morning (after Hotel checkout) to return to our cars at the Air Base? <font color="blue"> YES
</font>

Thanks
:usa:

viperrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Not sure about what to drive, I just took delivery of a new '05 SRT 10 Viper and Ram SRT 10 both black. I was in Tucson last month and the bugs were terrible! Also not sure about having to leave the car/truck at the air force base. Might take the Crossfire. Any thoughts? Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang