Wha t do you guys think of this?

Dazed King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I found exactly what I'm looking for. The guy won't tell me the reserve price but he said it is a little below market price. What do you think it would be worth? I'm definately going to go look at it. The only problem is that it snowed here last night...

Viper for Sale

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know of course that stripes were not offered on RT10? And I would want to know if they are tape or paint. In the picture of the front you can see yellow where there should only be black as the stripe rolls over the front of the hood. It's got the good floor mats, mgw hvac knobs and looks like an mgw short shift knob. What's the owners name, some of us in MD/VA club may know the car, but I don't think I've seen it.

Reaction score
Stripes also look fishy aroound the NACA duct. And do they look weird on the bottom of the fascia in front...or is it just me? Other than that....I think it looks good. :) Of course...I like black stripes. :)

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mats look like the $300 ones from Sanke-Oyl. Stripes on lower fascia are definitely non-standard. Find out the in-service date on this car. If it's less than 36 months ago, the car is still under the 3/36 factory warranty, and that means that you can purchase a new car (extended) warranty if you buy it. Definitely do not buy without getting a look at the frame from underneath to verify no collision damage. I can't tell from the ad, but if this car is being sold by its original owner, that's a real plus. Also, it's real close to you. Buying a car long distance is a hassle, and it's easily worth $2000-3000 more for a car that's in your area. If everything checks out, I think $52K is a very decent price for this car.

Please drop me a private email if you have any questions, or would like someone else knowledgable to look at the car with you. I'll be glad to help out any way I can.

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
52k sounds like a deal to me. I would not let mine go for that!!!! In addition it is the right color and personally I love those stripes. I want a GTS just so I can have stripes. :D

OP
OP
D

Dazed King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, today I went and saw it. His name is Bernie and is a member of the VCA. He said he knows Ron in Falls Church fairly well. The stripes are tape as posted previously. Only problem I saw was a few nicks/scratches on the very bottom of the front facia. Other than that it looked awesome to me. Discussing things with my wife, might make an offer. Thanks for all the info.

Dustin Rodgers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine