What do you think of this wideband O2 I just bought?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got this wideband O2 from horsepowerfreaks.com I am hopin this will help out in tuning down the road.

Also it only does one side of the exhaust. Should I use two or just stick with one?

Thanks

You must be registered for see images

Affordable, accurate, compact, feature packed, and simple to use are only a few words that describe our new M-Series Wideband Oxygen Sensor Controllers. Designed in the heart of Silicon Valley, California with the highest technological standards, we bring you three new wideband oxygen sensor controllers that meets the needs of every automotive tuner!

Description:

The M-Series Wideband Oxygen Sensor Controllers are extremely simple to use and to setup. They do not require complicated sensor calibration procedures nor do they require any confusing software setup. Simply, connect the power wires to a 12V source, snap the sensor wire harness with the oxygen sensor and you're ready to start measuring your automobile's air/fuel ratio within minutes!

All M-Series Controllers comes with two analog outputs, linear wideband and narrowband. Our linear wideband output gives you the freedom to interface with a number of tuning devices, such as data loggers, piggy back fuel systems and stand alone engine management systems. With the narrowband output you are able to completely replace your stock narrowband sensor and "feed" our analog signal directly into your ECU. This eliminates the hassle of welding a second sensor **** on your down pipe. Your ECU will "think" that your narrowband sensor is still there while you're measuring wideband information at the same time!

Key Features:

-Works with ANY standalone engine management system.
-Accurate Air/Fuel Ratio <0.1
-Wideband LINEAR Analog Output
-Narrowband Analog Output
-32 MHz Advanced DSP Technology
-Built in Resettable Fuse (No external fuse needed)
-Compact and Professional Design
-"Plug and Play" Installation

What's included in the M-300 kit?

-M-Series Wideband Oxygen Sensor Controller unit.
-Wideband oxygen sensor.
-8 ft plug and play wire harness for connection between the M-Series Controller and the oxygen sensor.
-4 ft wires brought out from the M-Series Controller for connections to power and analog output signals.
-Detailed installation instructions.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weld the O2 sensor well in the rear (if no cats) where the exhausts turn towards the center. If you put a well on both sides (they are close at this point)you can transfer the sensor and get a reading on both sides.

I just installed the Innovative unit and the cable will reach both sides. I have Balenger exhausts and I installed the wells in the short transition pipe in the rear. The Innovative unit I have has an input for RPM, however, it is more of a logger and not a gauge.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not put it just were the collector merges with the exhaust pipe? That´s the way I did it with my two WBL:s

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JP:

I didn't want to go into the collector and destroy the ceramic coating. The short rear exhaust union on the Balanger's comes out fast and it is out of the high temp area (O2 cable is not high-temp, only the O2 lead is high temp). I had it out/in and welded in thirty minutes. I also wanted it is close to the access point in the cabin. I went in six inches forward of the the passengers seat. One last thing, if I put it up front I wouldn't of had enough cable to swap sides, in the rear the pipes are very close to one another.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I thought you want to mount the 02 near the manifold for a better reading.

What I like about the above is that you can plug it into the existing o2 **** and attached the oem lead o2 wires into the module.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't have cats, it shouldn't matter where in the pipe it is located. Watch out if you hook it up temporarily and forget to apply the 12 volts to the sensor you will burn out the sensor. The closer you have it to the engine the more prone to failure it will be without the voltage applied. It will work close in or at the rear, it was just much easier to install in that rear pipe union.

I just finished several permutations with the VEC2 this weekend. I just did some work on the car and found that it was running on the lean side under WOT. I would do a couple of runs, check the A/F, add some fuel at the needed rpm and check it again. I started out in the 14-14.5 under WOT. I now have it down to approx 13:1. I have the optional rpm input with the Innovative A/F logger, therefore, making it fairly simple to locate the area where you have to add/remove fuel.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Watch out if you hook it up temporarily and forget to apply the 12 volts to the sensor you will burn out the sensor.

Do you mean to say that if I hook up my wideband o2 and don't connect the 12 volts and start the car I will kill the O2 sensor?

Not quite sure waht you mean by the above can you explain?

Thanks.