what is the best exhaust system for viper ????

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple things to consider:
1) Depending on where you live, you may want to make sure it is emissions legal or at least know a smog station that will let you pass ont he sniffer alone.
2) Any other mods planned for your car?
3) Do you want to use the cats still?

I have heard the CDI/Archer's new headers work better than anything else on a modified car, but results still pending for a stock car. As for a cat-back system, they are all very similar for performance, but differ in sound. I would choose the Borla becuase it can be found for around $1000-$1100. Others out there can cost from $1500-$2000. Some don't even use stainless tubing and mufflers which I think is VERY overpriced.

Personal choice for stock car is Belanger headers (order them direct) and Borla exhaust (best price for decent system). However, the new headers I spoke about above my change my mind if they prove to make more on a stock car since they should cost about the same and ,I believe, are stainless.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To clarify the above, CDI Stands for Caldwell Development Inc., the same folks that built the Lemans winning Viper engines. No more needs to be said about their capabilites.

On the exhaust side, I just talked to the folks at Corsa. It looks like they will have their system available in three-inch very soon. The nice thing about the Corsa systems is they are tuned systems designed to eliminate the resonance inside the car generated by the stock system. Their new three inch system should be on par with other performance exhaust systems.