what is the best subwoofer for the center console?

viperbound

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for the best subwoofer for the center console in rt/10. I have heard of JL audio 6w0 but it is a rather week speaker. Thanks in advance.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put a 6.5 inch Rockford Fosgate woofer in mine.
Still no real bass, compared to a true subwoofer...

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JL Audio in the center & passenger footwell.

4126All_Pictures_3-22-03_124.jpg

Andy

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a limit to how much bass you will get out of a 6.5" sub. Plus it is trying to play into an open area which reduces bass response even more.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is one area I am very qualified ot give my opinion...lol Unless you are going for some high decibel competition, a good 6.5" sub will give more then enough thump.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No matter what you put in the center there is nothing for the sub to bounce against. I am no expert but even with a separate amp the center sub did not thump. Now it does!

Andy

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will measeure it tonight. My wife is only 5'5" so its perfect for her. None of my tall friends have complained.

Andy

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
thanks, having an RT makes it tough for BASS.,
except for my side exhaust rumble when screaming through a tunnel and bouncing off cars.... ;)

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that is the exact fact! 70% of the time I am by myself, 20% of the time my wife is sitting in pass seat & its perfect for her, & about 10% of the time my tall friends have to tuff it out.:)
Call me selfish but I bought & modded my car even down to the stereo/amps for me, anyone else in my car can "suffer" hehehe.

Andy

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol...hell dude, I dirve a 99 Ranger XLT. My taller friends can kiss my a$$ if they complain one bit about it if they have to ride in it.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
only way to make bass in an RT is a box in the footwell. If you've got the top OFF you'll never get bass. Bass needs a roof for the sound to bounce around. Throw a co-axial speaker in the center console and leave the footwell are for a 8" or a 10" sub.

Good Luck
:2tu:
Gerald

melialayton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is similar to what nazar has...

I am running an 8" Kicker Comp VR, Sony 6.5 Door Speakers, JL Audio Tweeters, Panasonic CD Player, 2 Sony Xplod 400 watt amps (1 for highs, 1 for sub)

It was definitely worth the trouble... sounds GREAT!

You must be registered for see images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang