What is this and where is it supposed to go?

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm taking apart the front end on my 2000 GTS and find this part (a sensor of some sort I'm assuming) hanging from it's wiring harness. It's on the passenger side and it was infront of the radiator if that helps any.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 124

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're holding it upside down. It attaches so that the spring loaded sensor knows when the hood is closed/open. It belongs in a hole up where the hood closes.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wierd.
Do you ever set your alarm(lock your doors with fob?)
With it dissengaged like that you would think the alarm would always want to go off.

I set mine off the other day popping the hood to show off the V10 and had to run back into my office to grab the key:)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm taking apart the front end on my 2000 GTS and find this part (a sensor of some sort I'm assuming) hanging from it's wiring harness. It's on the passenger side and it was infront of the radiator if that helps any.

Hood Alarm Switch.....inverted

OP
OP
A

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, everytime I leave her unattended. The alarm hasn't gone off one time though:dunno:

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I played around with it and my conclusion is that the sensor failed lol

it's a nice feature to have, probably should replace it since the hood doesn't lock but than again your average person doesn't know where the latch release is...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang