What is your opinion on Viper window tinting

GALA-96-GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been going back and forth on deciding to get the Snake's windows tinted. I just wanted to take a quick poll on VCA to see what everyone's opinions concerning window tinting.

1) What are your thoughts about window tinting on Vipers?
A) Worst idea ever
B) Best idea ever
C) Hey...it's your car, do what you want.

2) What color car(s) would have the best look with tinted windows?
A) Black
B) Red
C) Blue
D) Yellow
E) Sapphire Blue
F) White

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live where it is almost a MUST DO. All of my cars have tinted windows. The interior does not get so hot and helps protect the material. Also, and most important (here) the a/c works much better since the cabin temp is lower. In Az. we can tint the rear window darker than the side windows, which helps on a GTS, plus it is nice at night with the headlights behind you. I love the stuff, greatest invention since canned beer. :2tu:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) D - all the above.
2) G - all colors.

plus what gt40 doc said.

i think the VERY DARK limo style tint is too dark though. get the next tint % down. also insist on the good stuff. the cheap stuff looks purplish and not black.

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tint ALL the windows, front windshield included but keep that one fairly light. I have yet to see a car that doesn't look better with dark windows.

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning on getting mine done, so I guess that would be B. I think it would look good on all colors. For those of you that have yours tinted, were they able to use one piece on the rear or did they have to use multiple pieces?

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd say the tinting was a positive change on my black RT/10. Sleek, blacked-out, perhaps even menacing.

Of course, the only time you see the tinted windows is when they are up and the rear window is in, which usually only happens when a top is on, which is another issue, but at least the black stock hard top doesn't detract from the appearance as much as the soft top, or either stock top on any other color RT. (Perhaps the stowable low-profile 3-piece top someday if they come down in price or I have more disposable income :cool: ).

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wanting to tint my windows also on my Black RT/10. I've seen a few Vipers with it done and EVERYONE looks bad a**. Every color looks good.

Those of you that have tinted windows, could you all post a few pics please to give us a taste? :)

So i was thinking 5% for the rear and sides and a 6" brow, with also a very light tint on the front winshield? What do you guys think?

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my car tinted. The windows were done before I bought the car. Sometimes I like them that way, and sometimes I don't. The car sure looks meaner with the dark tint, but sometimes I wish people could "see in" easier...

http://www.43pc.com/viper

All windows are tinted the same shade, plus a windshield banner out of the same material. I think the white DODGE windshield banner would look good over the black background.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Those of you that have tinted windows, could you all post a few pics please to give us a taste? >>

<< -------------- click on that picture.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1B
2A

The tinting on my black/silver GTS makes the windows blend right in with the car. Gives it a very cool "all black" look.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Looks awesome, is that front winshield tinted a little? >>

thanks jim! no, it isnt tinted. the darkness of the sides and the rear make it look tinted.
BTW guys, my rear was also done in one piece. it can be done, dont let anybody do otherwise, and it will look terrible any other way.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that front window on my GTS is so large and has has many nasty curves to it - do you guys think it would even be possible to tint it in one piece? (NOTE: I DO NOT WANT TO DO THE FRONT - just asking). would it even be legal?

i think the strips would look hideous on the front.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Those of you that have tinted windows, could you all post a few pics please to give us a taste? >>

637R_Lowered_viper-med.JPG
63707290018-med.jpg

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah its illegal where i live but i dont care lol
Do you think an 8" brow is to big?

big-n-italian ~ Hmm yah your right, i think they might have to use strips, so maybe i cant get it done :(

KHitman ~ nice looking Rt/10 you have there, i know what your talking about.

SSSSE YA ~ Freggin gorgeous :)

OP
OP
G

GALA-96-GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well... I am sold on the idea. I figured I would get a least a few people saying negative things about tinting the windows.

I will post pics when I have it done. I will see if I can get away with a slight windshield tinting. I like the idea of going limo black on the sides and back.

The picture from SSSSE YA was what really sold it for me. If it looks that good on a 97 B/W, it will look even better on a 96 B/W :cool:

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GALA-96-GTS ~
Yah if you could, let me know if you can get the whole front windshield tinted or if they do it in pieces or what not, i would really like to tint the whole front winshield a little bit also I figure on a Black RT/10 5% on the sides,back,and 6" brow and a light tint on the whole front windshield would look bada**?

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
01sapphireGTS ~
Wow that looks Great :)
I'm definately getting mine done. So is it just the front brow thats tinted our the whole from winshield?

Just the top "brow". Like someone mentioned above, it gives the car an all black look and blends the body lines very nicely, especially on a dark paint color.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not? Makes the car look better.

1) What are your thoughts about window tinting on Vipers?
B) Best idea ever

2) What color car(s) would have the best look with tinted windows?
G) ALL COLORS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper