What is your opinion on Viper window tinting

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
think of the Viper as a future classic car in which bone stock will be the most appreciated. I did not want to tint mine, but in Florida it's a must. I did a medium tint all around.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow and black.....

3964Black_windows-med.jpg

3964Darkglass_side-med.jpg

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what are windows? you guys and your luxury cars... :rolleyes:
Heh... I had the Northwind sliding windows on my Gen 1, and they were slightly tinted, also! :cool:

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
think of the Viper as a future classic car in which bone stock will be the most appreciated.
Yes, agreed, but tinting is possible (although a bit of work) to remove.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I'm wanting to tint my windows also on my Black RT/10. I've seen a few Vipers with it done and EVERYONE looks bad a**. Every color looks good.

Those of you that have tinted windows, could you all post a few pics please to give us a taste? :)

So i was thinking 5% for the rear and sides and a 6" brow, with also a very light tint on the front winshield? What do you guys think?

Please click on my photos for some pics w/ tint. I have limo tint on the rear and across the top of the windshield. My side windows are 35%. That is the maximum tint darkness by window location that is legal in Texas. Check with the install shop in your state as they will know what the legal requirements are there. They will go beyond the limitations if you want, however, you risk getting tagged by the law. I don't believe tinting of the entire windshield is legal in any state. As mentioned above, with the other windows and top of the windshield tinted your windshield will appear darker than stock from the outside due to less light getting inside the cockpit. I have the same setup on my black Cobra. :cool:

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I might be the only one, but I prefer no tints, especially on a GTS.

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pealed mine off shortly after buying the car. I considered it a safety issue as it helped my visibility out of the car, especially when I was first getting used to driving it.

The load on the A/C isn't from the sun as much as from the side pods, and engine and transmission anyway.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be the only one, but I prefer no tints, especially on a GTS.

Same here. Like I said, I just wear sunglasses. I consider my car the same as an episode of Monster Garage where the rules say that the "car must appear to be stock."

hatda02GTS01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the same in the spring so I'm glad this came up.

I've been tinting my own vehicles for the last 7 or 8 years and do a good job, but always have problems making perfect cuts. I didn't want to touch the viper becuase of this....until I saw:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8025064419&ru=http://motors.search.ebay.com:80/8025064419_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

I know the auction has ended but they will relist and have other auctions available.

I have asked them if they can sell a front window section and also how many pieces will be sent for the rear.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It's a good idea.

Both of my cars have tinted windows.

Tinting makes any Viper look better ..... if it has windows!

hatda02GTS01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gala,

I got a reply from him tonight. The rear section is one piece but they do not have a strip available for the front window. Still sounds like a good deal. I think I'm going to give it a try.

Dave

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my windows tinted last week. I think it looks great on my red GTS. I got 5% on the back and 15% on the sides.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few lower res shots:
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
G

GALA-96-GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hatda02GTS01,

Thanks for the info. I will be placing my order tonight!

I think I will go with 5% on sides/rear.

OP
OP
G

GALA-96-GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I changed my mind... I just ordered a set of 20% instead of 5%.

I will let you know how it comes out.

starcity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tinting the windows of any Viper makes a huge difference in the look. Much meaner looking while adding a stealth look. For $150-$200, it pays for itself ten fold. I would recommend doing 5% in the rear (one sheet) and 20% on the side windows.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21