What Price Would My GTS Bring?

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$64k pops into my head for your beautiful 1 of 60 viper...

sticker was what? about $71k? then $3k gas guzzler..

- eddie -

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think its so much low ball as alot of people trying to free up money because of the tightning economy, and alot of people bite off more than they can chew. Also the new srt 10 is probably going to cause the earlier cars to take somewhat of a hit initially as well.I think your car is worth every penny of 64k it looks beautiful and I would buy it myself If I didn't have a 2003 coming, but I think its a buyers market and I think thats why you are seeing these low prices. my 2 cents.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buyers market
Its going to get a lot worse for sellers over the next months - don't look for used car prices to stabilize until spring of 03 at earliest.
If you are a seller - don't wait, If you are a buyer...sit on your hands - sellers are going to be dealing - way too much inventory in the market and too few buyers.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful Viper man! But $64,000 is not going to happen IMO. Just based on my experience anyway. If you've got a lot of time then I'm sure you'll find someone. But realistically $59,000 - $60,000 would get a fish to bite. Especially with the SRT on the way. Good luck though and be patient. I'm sure you'll find a happy home for the Snake. btw.......how in the world did you buy that brand new, w/ factory stripes for $71,000? That was a darn good deal!

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't sell right now unless you have no other choice. It's a nightmarish time to sell any car.

Hang on untill next spring at least! (if you can)

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the car is worth $64k, however in this market I think it would be a long wait to get it. $60-61k and it should sell pretty quick. There are dealers who will sacrifice '02s for $68k, so you gotta make it worth it to the buyer.

One other note... I don't think used prices will ever really rise. They might slow their decline (they most likely will) but I don't think we will ever see a month where Viper prices will actually rise.

Just my .02

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I concur. If you need it to sell immediately throw a $60k-range sticker on the windshield and see what bites. The colour may help fetch some higher numbers, but you are still going to be selling in a bad market...

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is mid to upper 50's if you want to sell ASAP. Low 60's if you can wait for that buyer who really wants "that" car. The car is beautiful! Good Luck!

If you notice on Ebay most Vipers are not selling or meeting the reserve price.

I watched this past week a Black 2000 ACR (9000 miles) with no reserve...it received a top bid of 55K. The auction ended early by the seller with no sale.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1867864409&rd=1

Another car I am watching is a 2000 GTS red with 8K miles. Highest bid 48K. Most likely it wont sell.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1866959047&rd=1

I am sure many of the cars on Ebay are selling outside of the site but at least it does give you some idea of pricing.

Autotrader is a good place to look too but you will find price ranges from outrageous to scary cheap.
Cars like this are just not moving like they were a few years ago.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kelly T:
Yep. It has around 3,200 miles on it. You can see the list of upgrades listed below. ......I'm curious as to what you guys would think is an unbiased, marketable price?

Thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been shopping for awhile now. I've turned down several good Vipers where I felt the seller was being unrealistic. I found it funny that the majority think their car is something special. Perhaps that's one of the flaws of owning something "rare" like the Viper. The Dealers are even more funny although I expect them to be a bunch of "story tellers". And in all fairness there are some good dealers out there. This board knows some of them.

The 2002's are really taking a hit now, especially if they've been registered. In all fairness, if you don't have to sell or are on the fence. Don't try and sell it. To me as a buyer it's worth mid to low $50K. And with the mods, you'll have to provide the smog cert with the title.

A sampling of the near new or new Vipers I've considered recently.

Yellow ACR, New. sold Ebay, no reserve for $65.1K. Offered to me by same dealer during auction at $65K. Dealer continued to call after Auction.

Gray, Low miles ~2K. 4 months old. Offered to me at $60. I may try and negotiate.

Gray ACR, Low miles ~500, ~2 months old. Bought by dealer for $52K, offered to me for $58K. Car sold for higher price while I was making arraignments to inspect. Sold to another Viper owner...see "flaw" above.

Final Edition, new. Offered at $68K. I was again tempted but....Can't see spending extra for a FE.

I tried to be as unbiased as possible. I'm also not going to get emotional about buying a Viper or any other car. There are folks out there that will get captured in the moment and you may have a chance selling it to them. But it will take time.

I have been and continue to be a motor head by definition. The interest I had for a Viper has waned over the last couple of weeks. I've worked hard for my money and at 46 am finally able to consider buying a car in the price range of a Viper. But the longer I think about it, the less sense it seems to make. Will I buy one, don't know. But I wanted to share the perspective from the buyers side.

Take care & good luck whatever your decision,
Carl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc