What really makes the 01' drive so much better than my 98'? Don't recall any news...

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What really makes the 01\' drive so much better than my 98\'? Don\'t recall any news...

Very interesting to me. Yes, I know I have 18" wheels now, and I have heard that there were changes in the engine. Bill Pemberton took the time to explain some of these things to me, but I was amazed that I never read anything on these improvements.

My new 01' seems dramatically better; less jerky at slow speeds, and more stable and confident when just driving around. It feels like I don't need to concentrate every second. It's not that I don't love my 98', I do... but the new Viper is so much more relaxed to drive. Hey, I didn't say less exciting! Just more at ease for me. The new rear-view mirror is obvious, as are the ABS brakes and wheels. What was really done to improve it and why wasn't it really publicized? I read C/D, R/T, but don't recall any real info. Any thoughts or observations?

Jim

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What really makes the 01\' drive so much better than my 98\'? Don\'t recall any news...

The new camshaft used in the '00 - '01 cars probably improves low-RPM driveability as well as NGR, at the expense of a bit of top-end power on BPU cars. That's the only change you haven't mentioned which pops to mind...