What's left for 2013...

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We still have quite a few events left for 2013….here is a quick highlight:

October 2-5 ALMS Race at VIR

SRT has invited us as guests to support them in their ALMS effort. Similar to Baltimore Grand Prix…only difference is the hospitality trailer will only be open on Saturday. Tickets are available at: http://virnow.com/event-info/car-corrals-during-alms/

If you missed Baltimore, you have to get to VIR. SRT also notified me that they will be doing parade laps around the track. Having driven my Viper around VIR for NARRA, I can’t emphasize enough, what an awesome track it is. I even did a parade lap in my minivan with the kids and they had a blast. Nothing like drifting a fully loaded Chrysler Town and Country past Oak Tree.

October 10 – 13 Fall Ocean City

Huge car gathering in Ocean City, MD. We don’t have anything formal set up yet. Steve Gray would typically handle a dinner one of the evenings. If anyone is planning to attend, please let me know if you would like to set up a Viper gathering down there.

October 20 – 21 Overnight Fall Cruise

This event was originally scheduled for Friday, October 18[SUP]th[/SUP], through Sunday October 20[SUP]th[/SUP]. Unfortunately, when I set dates, I didn’t expect to have a son playing football. I have decided to move this cruise to Sunday, October 20[SUP]th[/SUP] through Monday October 21[SUP]st[/SUP]. We had to do it on a weekday several years ago and the reduced traffic actually worked out nicely. I’ll work on getting hotel reservations set up. Readers Digest version: We will meet in Winchester Sunday morning, grab breakfast. Drive along the mountains between WV and VA and end up in Staunton, VA. The following morning we will drive back up different mountain range ending our day in Strasburg, VA. We typically cover a 150 miles day or more. We take plenty of breaks.

October 26[SUP]th[/SUP] Snakes Under a Plane

We visit the Dover Air Force Base Mobile Air Command Museum. It’s a great event. The museum has many quality examples of various military/government planes. Best part is after the tour, we get to take our Vipers out in the airfield for pictures with planes, hence Snakes Under Planes…..

November 9[SUP]th[/SUP] 11[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual Western Maryland Fall Cruise

I can’t believe how old this event is. It was the first VCA event I planned after I joined the club shortly after buying my car. We take a 60-70 mile scenic drive through various parts of Western Maryland. We start in New Market, MD and conclude our day in Frederick area with lunch at Miyako Japanese Steak House.

December 14[SUP]th[/SUP] - Hiss-Mas Party

Please join us at the Lowes Hotel in Annapolis, MD as we wrap our year of activities. This event typically consists of a cocktail hour, followed by membership appreciation awards, raffle and one of the high lights of the evening, the memorabilia auction…. We may also have a guest speaker lined up, but I don’t have anything confirmed yet.

Of course, I’ll be sending out specific event updates as dates get closer. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to enhance your membership experience.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
October 10 – 13 Fall Ocean City

Huge car gathering in Ocean City, MD. We don’t have anything formal set up yet. Steve Gray would typically handle a dinner one of the evenings. If anyone is planning to attend, please let me know if you would like to set up a Viper gathering down there.

UPDATE!!!!! Thanks John for posting this event.

I have arranged family help so that Leah and I can get a couple days to get away. If anyone is interested in a lunch get together Saturday please let me or Judy know.

For those that have never been to this event, there are possible 4 or 5 thousand cars at this event. Race cars, show cars, antiques, muscle cars, late model and old stuff. Nearly every parking lot is a car show.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth