What's the catch?

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s the catch?

Scam.
Anyone who wants you to contact them only by email on Ebay is a scam. Look at the other auctions he's running, they are all highline cars priced well below market value.

OP
OP
V

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Scam.
Anyone who wants you to contact them only by email on Ebay is a scam. Look at the other auctions he's running, they are all highline cars priced well below market value.

That's what I figured. Anyone willing to sell a car that far below market price wouldn't need to list it on ebay. Any dealer would ****** it up for a lot more than $49k.

You'd think ebay could find a way to track down the frauds.

SRT10Mike

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Be careful. Even though the "Seller" may have good feedback, it is most likely someone has hijacked his E-Bay account and is trying to pull off a scam. (Also, the "Feedback" is for low dollar items)

Look at the other cars he is selling....
E-Bay Listings By Seller

Item Title Bids Price* Shipping Time Left

Enlarge Dodge : Viper Viper SRT-10 2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe -
$48,000.00
$49,000.00
See description 3d 02h 14m

Enlarge Porsche : Cayman Cayman S 2006 Porsche Cayman S -
$31,000.00
$33,000.00
See description 3d 02h 18m

Enlarge BMW : M3 M3 SMG Conv 2006 BMW M3 Convertible SMG -
$32,000.00
$34,000.00
See description 3d 02h 40m

Enlarge Acura : NSX NSX-T 2005 Acura NSX-T CONVERTIBLE -
$40,000.00
$41,000.00
See description 3d 02h 54m

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I get emails all the time from someone that has hijacked a legitimate account asking me to respond to an offer. They fooled me the first time I got one because you have to log in to their fake site to respond. Of course I immediately figured out I'd made a mistake and had to change my password.

Now I just forward the email to [email protected]. I don't know if it does any good or not.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score

There's a real official-looking one from Paypal going around, too. Since I know that such places would never actually contact me to verify my account and credit card information I forwarded it to [email protected]. They replied quickly and said they were taking steps to shut down the fake site.

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The best ones going right now are the ebay "question to seller" emails which purport to be official messages sent through ebay by someone who allegedly won your auction and is pissed that you failed to send them the item they won. When you click on any of the links, of course, it opens up an official looking ebay login page. Pretty tricky stuff indeed!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte