Wheels America - anyone used them?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone used Wheels America to repair curb rash on OEM aluminum Viper wheels?
Did the redone clearcoat last? Thank you in advance for your responses.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't use them for Viper wheels but had a very good experience with them in the past through their store in Chicago area. I saw lots of Viper wheels there and they looked really good.

Avoid that place in PA that advertises in the car mags (can't remember the name), every time I've sent a wheel there they claim it is out of round, cracked, or has some other damage and their advertised price won't apply.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used them. Quality is hit or miss. If you ***** afterward, they will do it right. Why can't they do it right the first time - every time?

VPRTKMIKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they tried 3 times and could not get it.try sl metal restorations talk to kevin does an amazing job and has them clear powdered.his number is (631)491-4313. he has also polished intakes for me,trust me you get what you pay for.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wheels America tried tree times on mine as well. I ended up buying new wheels. Turbak (sic) polished mine first and they looked great but they could not reapply the clear coat. Wheels America polished them and then clear coated them, but the polish job was lousy and the clear coat has an orange peal finish. With the large flat surface of the Viper wheel it's very difficult to powder coat.

My suggestion is, if it’s not to bad, live with the curb rash, I wish I had never started with mine. I've spent about $5,200.00 since I started. I have my original with no clear coat and a second OEM set, with clear coat. When “polished” the set without the clear coat looks much better but it's raw aluminum and stains very quickly. The OEM doesn't shine as well but it always shines. It’s been an ordeal for me.

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used them twice(8 wheels) with decent results, but not on Viper wheels. Very inexpensive, maybe worth a shot if it's just a cosmetic problem. One of my wheels was busted-there was a tear in the cast Aluminum about 2 inches long after running over a board on the interstate. They repaired it nicely, but I would hesitate to trust a Viper at vigorous speeds after a wheel repair-I would just replace it.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a lot of mobile wheel repair outfits that do a great job on curb rash. Ask around, maybe even look in the phone book or on-line. We've had several people in our local club use them with outstanding results.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4