Where is the update on ex-VCA Members potential ability to join?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I brought up the suggestion that the VCA consider option for ex-VCA members and ex-Viper owners to still join VCA. I started a thread to discuss, it was moved to members section and then I was denied ability to even see it as my membership ran out shortly afterwards. Provided a good bye as far as a member thread where the ex-member discussion came up, after a little bit of time it was actually closed by forum master. Then I received a time to join packet in the mail a month later with the "you need to own a Viper Vin to join" in bold lettering. Did it come up in the Directors Meeting as was explained to me it was going to be. I have to admit, not feeling very wanted here. Venom memberships, etc I paid my dues when I had my car. It was elitist attitude which kept me away from other brands. Seems like lately, the Viper has gone down that lane. As I explained above, sure seems like a very cold shoulder.Would be nice to know what came of this suggestion? If it was blatantly shot down, the future does not look good.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't know why the VCA won't let past Viper owners keep on being members of this terrific club! First of all from a practical point of view....many past owners will yet again buy a car and become (once again) Viper owners!! why treat them like second class citizens?
What harm can come from letting them continue?
We so encourage owners to embrace the total viper ownership and membership ...like a family! We make friends all around the world even if it's only by e-mail on this forum! and then (sometimes due to unforseen reasons like health and/or economics..) they don't have their beloved vioer anymore and then we add insult to injury....by cutting them off from a very important social and emotional part of their life..cutting them off from friends/family.
I don't know about you guys but I've been involved with VIPERING for over 20 years now...it's so much a part of who I am......and I would feel so terrible l if I lost not only my car but connection to this club/forum.
I know this to be true....
A fellow past viper owner I know is just in that position..he's between vipers (has a 2013 on order) and is SO missing this club.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I am not an officer anymore (free at last! :D), I know that this has always been a challenge and was originally discouraged by Dodge. I think the reasoning was that if the club allowed non-owners (as many clubs do, including Lamborgini and Ferrari), it would potentially dilute their marketing efforts. Dodge was targeting Viper owners specifically as they were in a select demographic for high-end sales. Mix in a bunch of Camry owners or teenage fans of the car and you no longer have such a select group to target.

Now that the club is fully independent, it would be interesting to see what SRT thinks of expanding the membership pool to include past VCA members at a minimum. Definitely good for the board to be discussiing, as I assume they already are.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
While I am not an officer anymore (free at last! :D), I know that this has always been a challenge and was originally discouraged by Dodge. I think the reasoning was that if the club allowed non-owners (as many clubs do, including Lamborgini and Ferrari), it would potentially dilute their marketing efforts. Dodge was targeting Viper owners specifically as they were in a select demographic for high-end sales. Mix in a bunch of Camry owners or teenage fans of the car and you no longer have such a select group to target.

Now that the club is fully independent, it would be interesting to see what SRT thinks of expanding the membership pool to include past VCA members at a minimum. Definitely good for the board to be discussiing, as I assume they already are.

I get it that complete strangers to VIPER NATION shouldn't be allowed on the forums....or at least not be able to post. But I still don't get the issue with past owners...(who like I said if DODGE wants to appeal to a demographic?!)...who better than past owners who have already proved their love for the car and association with the brand)...and may want to become owners again.

Maybe to be able to post you have to pay dues to the VCA..(maybe not as much as a full viper owning member) ..but maybe a quarter or half the regular rate or whatever and call it an "ENTHUSIASTS Dues" as opposed to an "OWNER'S Dues" and for that they
get whatever the VCA or SRT deem appropriate....be able to post?! WHATEVER.

I don't see the harm.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I am not an officer anymore (free at last! :D) Mix in a bunch of Camry owners or teenage fans of the car and you no longer have such a select group to target.

I agree with this.

V

VCA Forum Staff

So I brought up the suggestion that the VCA consider option for ex-VCA members and ex-Viper owners to still join VCA. I started a thread to discuss, it was moved to members section and then I was denied ability to even see it as my membership ran out shortly afterwards. Provided a good bye as far as a member thread where the ex-member discussion came up, after a little bit of time it was actually closed by forum master. Then I received a time to join packet in the mail a month later with the "you need to own a Viper Vin to join" in bold lettering. Did it come up in the Directors Meeting as was explained to me it was going to be. I have to admit, not feeling very wanted here. Venom memberships, etc I paid my dues when I had my car. It was elitist attitude which kept me away from other brands. Seems like lately, the Viper has gone down that lane. As I explained above, sure seems like a very cold shoulder.Would be nice to know what came of this suggestion? If it was blatantly shot down, the future does not look good.

We have forwarded your thread on to the appropriate people and hopefully will have some info for you. Stay tuned...:)

drlee50

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are other Viper websites that non owners could join.... Without being an owner. Many of us are on other sites too and you could at least keep your feet wet over there if u are not wanted here.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one is saying no to this idea at this point. It would absolutely make sense to me to give an honorable opportunity (without faking a VIN) to remain in the club for those who had to move on with the sale of their car if they wanted to continue to pay dues and remain part of the club.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea. The next question would be the dues would be.....and what you get for paying the dues.....Viper magazine...what else would be meaningful in a prior owners' subscription?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62