Where to buy ECU/Computer for 1997 Viper?

97GTStx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fried my computer on my 97 and need a replacement if someone knows where i can find one. thanks.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fried meaning it died of it's own accord or you fried it? - Just curious - Thanks

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There're usually a few around at any point in time. I checked the classifieds here and there're only Gen IVs on there now. Try Ebay; there used to be a bunch on there when AEMs were widely available....the pickings are a little thinner now but I bet they're still out there

OP
OP

97GTStx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
took pcm out and put it back in, car just turns over, no start... i still cannot find one if anyone can help please.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a '96 PCM originally purchased from Roe Racing laying around somewhere. I ran it in my '01 for a while and it would work fine in your '97. $400 plus shipping if you are interested.

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember that the replacement pcm will have a different mileage and VIN stored. That might be a problem when trying to sell the car down the road, if somebody checks. Maybe get the mileage reprogrammed at your local delaership once you have the pcm installed.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just an FYI, I can get my hands on new 1996 and possibly 1997 computers, no VIN entered. If you desired to do so, we can sell it w/SCT to flash it into the EXACT ECU you have right now if it is a differing software version.

Note: This is assuming that 1997 ECU's are currently not available brand new as that may be cheaper, but highly unlikely there are any around at this point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave