Who here is ordering a Gen V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to decide between it and an M5 (yes, I know different vehicles). I am a one man car person, last time I had two vehicles I didn't drive my other at all.

Always wanted a Viper since a kid. Can get one now if I want :D

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, only if they came with a different motor.

Since it is the same 8.4L with a few upgrades over the previous generation, decided not buy the new viper. I am going to work with what I have on my 2010 ACR and make it an animal that will spank the gen5 and other cars out there.

I like the gen 5, it looks great but, some people forget that with high purchase price comes high price maintenance. Only a handful of dealers will work on the car and that will make it even more expensive.. And if you are in Canada you will be screwed for sure because those butchers here will only cause more harm than good in a car like that...

I am out.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gave my deposit 8 months ago. GTS, Stryker red, can't decide on the interior color. I love the black and camel, but I don't like the Alcantara (synthetic suede) and I think the Laguna Sepia is just too much tan. Also can't decide on the SRT vs GTS hood. Any feedback from those who have actually seen the interior or hoods?

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will have to sit this one out. Just bought a GTS and wife won't let me have 3 Vipers.

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Trying to decide between it and an M5 (yes, I know different vehicles). I am a one man car person, last time I had two vehicles I didn't drive my other at all.

Always wanted a Viper since a kid. Can get one now if I want :D

Yep. Buy the M5 if you like to go slow... Buy the viper if you really like going fast.
BMWs are for posers.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A white or Gunmetal GTS for me, depending on what my Dealer can get his hands on. Here in Canada you sometime grab what the "Zone" has available, take it or leave it.
I'm sure I could place a specific order but it could be 2014 before the car shows up.
I prefer the SRT hood though !

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You bet your *** I am getting one. :D
But I still didn't make my final options call! for those who've seen the car in real, any advises?

OP
OP
Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have ordered the " Launch edition" but did not allow for track pack. And to add the Rotors and wheels later would add $10,000 to price for sure. I service my own cars. Depending on when my car arrives my warranty may be void Before I even drive it (cylinder head work)

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under consideration. Anyone going for a Launch Edition car?

I'm going to get a Launch Edition, unfortunately though I will have to get one used, I seem to have run out of space for cars at the moment, so I need to get more room before I get another car, because I am not getting rid of any of them I currently have.

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had a deposit down since April. I plan to order a GTS however; I'm having a difficult time deciding on which color or which option combo's to choose. I like the stryker red a lot however; the price add, which hasn't been announced yet, may scare me away. I also think this car lends itself to dark colors and I'm considering Black or the Dark Blue which appears to be similar to my old Sapphire Blue RT/10? I haven't seen the car in person yet and that may help. Decisions, decisions?

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If finances go in the right directions, it will be a 2014 and a GTS. Probably gunmetal with all carbon fiber options. Can't decide on interior color and hood but I believe that will be settled once I see them for real.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'm going to wait for 2014. Sounds like some options I want will be set in stone by then.

White or Black GTS for me.

FLYTWA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll be ordering one. Gunmetal, black stripes, track pack, laguna, and carbon fiber package. There might be a hold up for the carbon fiber package, so I might not be able to take delivery till late winter or early spring.

Fly

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
My dealer has had my deposit for a coupla weeks now.....the problem now is deciding on colours? options?? especially sight unseen!...?

Manatee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealers near me haven't signed up. I'm too nervous to be very far away from qualified techs. If I got one, I'd like the Launch Edition. Doesn't look like it's going to happen. sigh.