Who's Getting SRT-Trucks?

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who\'s Getting SRT-Trucks?

I know some of you don't like the idea of a Viper infected truck, but when I first heard of it, I thought it was a great idea. And I see no controversy over its looks.

I also like the idea of one of the last 79 ACRs to be produced. I want both but can't afford both.

The ACR would be $20K+ over my trade in 01 GTS, and the truck would be $40K or so. What to do, what to do. I believe every man must have a truck because it is in their blood, and one as nasty as this one just makes the blood move more directly to his center of decision making.

Anyone here ordered one or going to order one yet?

PS: Have heard that the truck will not be rated to pull. Is that because it comes with a 6 speed manual?

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who\'s Getting SRT-Trucks?

I love the idea of the truck and had settled on it instead of the new Viper - but now, with the news of the GT40, I may
just go that way instead. No matter what, my '01 GTS is here to
stay!

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, I've got my spot already for a nice red one. AND, if they DON'T listen to my pleadings, or any of those from the rest of you..... and DO NOT rate it to do the towing of my Viper..... then I'm going to do it ANYWAY! I might have to tweak the rear suspension a bit, and for certain do a complete custom re-flash of the computer (engine management and detonation would be the main issue as I see it), but I AM NOT going to purchase that mega horsepower Big Boy RAM TRUCK as just an "ornament". It's going to have to WORK for its fuel!

I hope some of the "Dodge Boys" are lurking here and think twice and three times about turning the historical image of a big, beefy, hard working RAM truck into some frilly little thing wearing a tutu! I intend to Grab Life By The Horns!!!!!!!...... as they're telling me to do...... not by some delicate little fur behind the ears!!!!!!!
smile.gif

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm with Wing- gonna make that bad boy work to be here- oh- and I need a silver one to go with the SRT as well. They GOTTA match!! (like the Indy Ram and the 96gts that I have now!)

OP
OP
F

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, I did it. Went to buddy Bill from ***** Woodhouse and got "on the list". Looks like I will be #4. It's going to be a good year!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you are buying a truck,buy a truck.Get a dodge with a 360,488 of 5.9 diesel.Don't insult truck drivers/buyers by calling the viper V-10 a truck.Its not a truck(working vehicle) just another toy.No one who needs or wants a truck would put up with an alumium dodge sports car engine in a truck.Dodge might produce some of these non-truck vehicles for those that have more money than brains, and the publicity(like our cars).But for me I'm holding out for a 350 HP cummims with 600 Ft/lbs of torque backed by an allison tranny. Bruce

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32