Why does my car **** so bad at low speeds?

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI the gen 1 2 and 4 ALL have Dual Throttle Bodies

Gen 3 has One Throttle Body

Gen 1 has 2 cables

Gen 2 has 1 cable with a rod that connects the two TB's

Gen 3 has 1 cable

Gen 4 is electronic

:eek::doh2::oops: well color me embarrased. I was aware that all but gen 3 had dual TBs and that the gen 1 has 2 cables and gen 4 is electronic (not a fan of TBW) but as I don't have a gen 2 at the moment I forgot that it was a single cable. Thanks for the corection.

Viper rolls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Especially in 2nd gear for me -

Almost any manual transmission equipped car will do that when idling/very low speeds due to gear/u-joint/overall drivetrain slop. Once it gets into a rythym you need to depress the clutch pedal or apply more throttle to break that rythym.

Rob

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do we have this poor fellow upsidedown yet!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:lol hope u get to the bottom of ur fault,get a vet tech to evaluate ur car as(how has it been treated and is there any mods and go from there,)as everybody states there opinion,alot are right,but usually only 1 or 2 at the same time will fix ur fault,kind of a stinker to deal with,but a smart tech that can see ur car will likely nail ur fault with out replaceing a ton of parts.:)

OP
OP
V

ViperperfectionGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went up to the Viper shop that the car is at. He is doing a few more repairs, but this one is finished.

The Passenger side TB was opening first & created the issue.
Now that the driver side TB opens a little bit earlier the jerking is much better. It is not perfect, but I guess that is normal.

Thanks very much for the help.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Call Me. There are many things that can cause this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21