Why so much difference in S/C prices???

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that all the crybabys have seem to shut the *** up!! No one seems to compare apples to apples. Sean sells a S/C kit..... point blank. Most everyone else out there sells a S/C, intercooler, headwork , cam, pistons , crank, fuel system, and I am sure I have left some things out. So how can anyone, knock the Roe system for not making enough power. Lets take someones S/C system without all the extra mechanical add ons and intercoolers and see what kind of power is to be made. OH we did 557 hp I forgot about that post. Now I know for these other ENGINE BUILDERS that it is not the idea to just bolt on a S/C and go. Now with a couple of the Vipers that have Sean's system on them and have had engine work done to them they are making over 700 and I believe over 750 rwhp. Not to shaby. And I think in time you may seem someone do some major engine work......( you know the kind that other Engine Builders do) and add the Roe S/C. So now maybe some HARD HEADED CRYBABYS will see the light. The reason for such a cost diferrence is your not just paying for a S/C, your paying for enging work and 6 to 12 months of Storage for you car.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey GONABITE, how does that quadrasteer do with the lift and the big tires? I've wondered about it, but never seen it done!

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that all the crybabys have seem to shut the *** up!! No one seems to compare apples to apples. Sean sells a S/C kit..... point blank. Most everyone else out there sells a S/C, intercooler, headwork , cam, pistons , crank, fuel system, and I am sure I have left some things out. So how can anyone, knock the Roe system for not making enough power. Lets take someones S/C system without all the extra mechanical add ons and intercoolers and see what kind of power is to be made. OH we did 557 hp I forgot about that post. Now I know for these other ENGINE BUILDERS that it is not the idea to just bolt on a S/C and go. Now with a couple of the Vipers that have Sean's system on them and have had engine work done to them they are making over 700 and I believe over 750 rwhp. Not to shaby. And I think in time you may seem someone do some major engine work......( you know the kind that other Engine Builders do) and add the Roe S/C. So now maybe some HARD HEADED CRYBABYS will see the light. The reason for such a cost diferrence is your not just paying for a S/C, your paying for enging work and 6 to 12 months of Storage for you car.
:confused: It was my decision to spend the extra cash to HAVE MY SC SYSTEM INSTALLED PROFESSIONALLY by a highly respected tuner. this is my 3rd supercharged viper and it didnt take long at all to do a level 1.Maybe a custom system would take much longer. why speak poorly about other tuners? I wanted MY system installed professionally so my car wouldnt catch on fire and burn a hole in the door like the guys car in the Georgia club did from a 'do it yourself system'. I wouldnt even mention names because the tuner that sells the kit im sure took care of the problem.but thats the possibility you can have installing it yourself.

Max

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now we are getting into a whole different ball game.Now you're talking built motors vs motors that are just supercharged. Don't forget to add the down time and cost of a built motor ON TOP of the supercharger. There are many cars with 800'ish RWHP +/- from a couple tuners with no bottom end work and stock cam shafts... Now if we are talking built motors, that's a WHOLE different ball game. Now your in Ben Treynor territory with a motor that can handle some SEIROUS F'ING HP and a then you need a tuner that can extract that HP from a supercharger and has the experience to do so...

You also forget that with DLM cars and Heffner cars (not to speak for their customers) but I beleive the cost includes extensive head work in some cases..... :laugh: and of course backed by tuner(s) that seem to honor a lifetime warranty! :laugh: :laugh: And also don't forget the extra 200 - 250 RWHP, that seems to make a few people happy.. :laugh:

Regards,

Gerald

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bigcarrot the quadrasteer is awesome especially with the big tires, and with tight parking lots. And there is an extra feel of stability on the highway in long curves, I love it.

Gerald can you point me in the right direction of some dyno sheets with 800 rwhp with just a blower and other bolt on mods I would be real interested to see them. I can't see how stock heads and a cam can flow enough to make that kind of power. Thanks.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DLMs level 1 pakage for any gen 2 car even with cast pistons will make over 700 rwhp with hi flow cats ONLY:). you dont need to change pistons or exhaust to go that high. No head work or cam needed. I have a 2000 gts and will cast pistons and never had a problem. My hp is not that high but will be soon , very soon!

Max :D

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is one of them, I might be about 10-20hp shy of 800, but I've upgraded my fuel system so I might be pretty close.. Last actual dyno was 750rwhp/TQ. Done in 95 Deg heat, no fan in front of car, hot engine. For some reason also, it was about 3-400 RPM below redline with the graph rising sharply. Stock crank, cam, pistons, block. There is much more left in the car with DLM's new software. I'm making arrangments now to ship car back down with new software for some much needed HP! :laugh:

Also I think Roof has his stock bottom end and camshaft, but I might be mistaken..

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds great about the TT kit "under the teens".
Especially if we can put it on ourselves. Does anyone know
if this is a kit? If this is legit, then I might consider this.
My only concern is that this might be coming from H M S or Macedo.
I won't purchase anything from those two. If it's from a respectable
dealer, then I'm interested.

Larry has always given me fantastic customer service. He is personable and VERY reliable and trustworthy.

I consider him to be honest and respectable.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since everyone is talking about different tuners I just wanted to add I have met Doug Levin. We sat in his office for about a half and hour and NEVER once talked about Vipers or cars at all.

I called and told him I would be in Miami asked if I could come by and see his shop. I made it VERY clear I was NOT going to be purchasing anything so if he was busy I would not come by and would understand.

He said NO come on by any ways.

I show up and we sat and shot the **** about everything but Vipers. Think this says alot about the man. Infact I saw Dr. Roof's car and about 10 others getting SUPER CHARGED.

I have met Sean Roe at a couple Viper club meetings. Once again just shot the ****. There were MANY people there wanting to talk to Sean about the super charger. Sean took time so as not to be rude and talked to me about life in general. Once again I made it perfectly clear I knew he had a business to run and would understand that he had to speak to some potential customers.

He said don't worry about it. It is nice to talk about other things than just cars once in a while.

I guess I am realizing how lucky I am to live within a couple hours of 3 men who are great guys first and great tuners second.

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gonna tell this to all you fckn idiots :mad: out there that wanna turn this post into putting down tuners.Ididnt ask who was the best or who had the best or who builds the best..I asked one simple fckn question..Price vs.other tuner products..The post didnt ask for who is the best out there...So stop making this post change so you jerkoffs that like to make people fight, get there kicks out of it...I hope the mods can lock this thread...

Up your a$$ with Mobile gas..Happy motoring!!!!!

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow.geraldine..Im gonna put a collar on you my little cha cha boy.. pleaseeeeeeeee pleaseeeeeeeee eat me gerladine!!!!!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is interested I have a stock crankshaft and stock bottom end. I have a question for Gerald and Backnblack are you being POSITIVE and are we on the same team?
Peace
Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are but sometimes Geraldine just has to bring the Viperalley here since they miss me so much:))).. Gerald..small bone?? Let take a pic of it and send it privately to you.You might really choke on it alright:))

Thank you all for your responses on this topic... Geraldine..I will deal with you in the bedroom later tonight..get ready....

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BROKENBACK,
If you went camping with a bunch of guys, got drunk, passed-out and woke-up in the morning bent over a wooden log with a bloody rubber coming out of your third blind eye, would you tell anybody???

Seriously now...???

Reaction score
Ronviper--maybe all the owners of supercharged vipers need to invest in a SACK! Filled with some NUTS! Then learn to stay in it the whole way down the track. If yall can't seem to do that then get someone who can.
ASS CRACKERS R US from TEXAS BABY!

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ronviper--maybe all the owners of supercharged vipers need to invest in a SACK! Filled with some NUTS! Then learn to stay in it the whole way down the track. If yall can't seem to do that then get someone who can.
ASS CRACKERS R US from TEXAS BABY!

:eek: What, No rebuttal?

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm up in Utah dyno tuning Todd (UtahViper) Wilhite's Venom650R/Roe Blower and we have a new heavy hitter to add to the mix. This evening the car produced 692rwhp, 714rwtq on 91 pump gas and 708.5rwhp, 729rwtq on 100 octane. These numbers were achieved on a Dynojet under SAE correction. We're going back tomorrow to see if we can squeeze a few more ponies from this beast since we ran out of time this evening. The car ran [email protected] in the 1/4 here at 4500 ft. above sea level on 18" BFG's at the track tonight. The car ran flawlessly in 95 blow dryer degree weather. I'll update later today if we're able to unlock any more power.

Thank you Ward, John, Chris, Bindy and Ron for the kind words!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm up in Utah dyno tuning Todd (UtahViper) Wilhite's Venom650R/Roe Blower and we have a new heavy hitter to add to the mix. This evening the car produced 692rwhp, 714rwtq on 91 pump gas and 708.5rwhp, 729rwtq on 100 octane. These numbers were achieved on a Dynojet under SAE correction. We're going back tomorrow to see if we can squeeze a few more ponies from this beast since we ran out of time this evening. The car ran [email protected] in the 1/4 here at 4500 ft. above sea level on 18" BFG's at the track tonight. The car ran flawlessly in 95 blow dryer degree weather. I'll update later today if we're able to unlock any more power.

Thank you Ward, John, Chris, Bindy and Ron for the kind words!

Larry, I have been wondering what that car would make. Sounds good, is that the 8# pulley you are running? Congrats!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey DR. Roof ....one thing is clear ....if you have a supercharger whether it is made by DLM, Heffner, Roe or anyone else. We certainly love having that power EVERY time we hit the gas pedal!
Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BROKENBACK,
If you went camping with a bunch of guys, got drunk, passed-out and woke-up in the morning bent over a wooden log with a bloody rubber coming out of your third blind eye, would you tell anybody???

Seriously now...???

Actually I would tell you first, then chop your head off..I would do a deliverance on you..Recall Burt..Make you squeel like a pig...ok Gealdine..??My btch ..I owe you... :D :D :D And to top it all off, I would stick a bolt on SC up your a$$ to see how many ponies I can get out of you....Excuse me board. I just love Gerald...

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Actually I would tell you first, then chop your head off..I would do a deliverance on you..Recall Burt..Make you squeel like a pig...ok Gealdine..??My btch ..I owe you... :D :D :D And to top it all off, I would stick a bolt on SC up your a$$ to see how many ponies I can get out of you....Excuse me board. I just love Gerald...

[/QUOTE]
Jeezzzz, after all I've done for you :p !

We had a board meeting last night and they said you weren't fit to sleep with pigs.
Well.....I stood up for you and said, "Yes you were!"

Geraldine :D

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, bring some love in the room baby...Thats why I love you......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32