WILL CODE RED WORM CORRUPT THIS SITE?

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reading on> http://www.businessweek.com/reuters_market/G/REUT-GOJ.HTM.htm

and they seem to think that this new worm could, "...bog down the Net with extraneous data requests, slowing sites to a near-halt and hitting users' ability to dial up through their Internet service provider."

According to the article, " LONDON, July 31 (Reuters) - The corporate world was hastily building defences on Tuesday to ward off the fast moving 'Code Red' Internet worm, which could slow the Internet to a crawl if it attacks as predicted at midnight GMT."

Have the necessary patches been implimented on this site so we can still read threads?

I hope so. Good luck administrators,

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It happened to Ideal Technology Solutions (my company for the next week and a half) at our data center.

But we have sucky management who knew about it ahead of time but didn't cut the red tape before the virus hit. (which is why I'm leaving)

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had it on my 2K IIS at home... blip, power off and i'm good to go. MS relesed a patch to fix the hole in IIS that let the sucker in in the first place. If anyone has any of the code for the worm, post it up.. like to see how it was done
smile.gif