With all this hype about shift lights...

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are pretty nice! Staging window; separate shift points for 4 gears; replay of peak RPM in all 4 gears and shift reaction times for each gear. Looks like they have all the functionality of the large pro tachometers stuffed in a 1 5/8" shift light.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also know Bill M at Vos has some nice shift lights, I saw them myself and they not too expensive at all, I would give him a call.

Im getting one when I go to him for a tuning in spring.

OP
OP

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken, they are Awesome, I am ordering the Blue with the Red numbers....Stewart Warner has been around for a long time. Looks like a really nice setup!

Dave :2tu:

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We installed a SW shift/tach in a 03 srt-10. Check it out.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bill ...looks Awesome! I can't understand why everyone likes the raptor tach...when the Stewart Warner offers SO MUCH MORE , for a couple bucks more...Like the old saying goes..you get what you pay for! :2tu:

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bill ...looks Awesome! I can't understand why everyone likes the raptor tach...when the Stewart Warner offers SO MUCH MORE , for a couple bucks more...Like the old saying goes..you get what you pay for! :2tu:

For one thing, the Raptor is a LOT smaller, and does the only I need it to do... which is light up at a specified RPM :)

Why would you want to put in a shift light that is that far over to the right? I'd think you would only want the shiftlight in your direct field of vision.

As for getting more for a few bucks more... I could supersize my fries at McDonald's for a few cents more, but why do that if I'm not hungry?

I'm sure both lights are great products... just depends on what you want more. Features, or smaller size. The Raptor diameter is about the size of a nickel, and looks stock when installed. Neither one is better than the other... just made for different folks. The Stewart Warner is more than a couple bucks more... it's over twice as much as the Raptor!

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our customer wanted a clean look, like it was part of the car. We had to take the shift light apart and remake some of it. You would be surprised at how bright that thing is and how well you can see it even though it is over to the right.

OP
OP

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For one thing, the Raptor is a LOT smaller, and does the only I need it to do... which is light up at a specified RPM :)

Why would you want to put in a shift light that is that far over to the right? I'd think you would only want the shiftlight in your direct field of vision.

As for getting more for a few bucks more... I could supersize my fries at McDonald's for a few cents more, but why do that if I'm not hungry?

I'm sure both lights are great products... just depends on what you want more. Features, or smaller size. The Raptor diameter is about the size of a nickel, and looks stock when installed. Neither one is better than the other... just made for different folks. The Stewart Warner is more than a couple bucks more... it's over twice as much as the Raptor!
These lights are so bright you will have to turn them down....you would have to be blind not to see it where Bill installed it.

Seems to me that the Stewart Warner light is only $53.00...and does the same as the raptor.

Bill, thanks for posting the link...but I have seen the "better" model go fo much less. $100..amber $124...red $134 for blue

Thanks, Dave

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That thing is huge... about the size of an Autometer. I wouldn't say it's the same as a Raptor, which is about 1/4 as large. I'll stick with what I've got. Thanks for the link, though! It looks like a good option for those who are looking for the absolute lowest-priced light, regardless of size.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's still at least twice as large as the Raptor :) Personally, I wouldn't mind having a shift light with just a single LED that is self-contained. But, I don't think that small of a size is possible yet. It would be cool to have a single LED bulb built into the instrument cluster. I like keeping the interior of the car as clean and stock looking as possible (ie, no pillar gauges, etc.).

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STOP THE INSANITY !!

Its just a light Archilles, please step away from the keyboard and breath. Then take me over to phongs so I can get my damn car set up for next weekend :laugh:

People can order which ever they like, different stroke for different folks. I know plenty of people who supersize and eat it all (fast ********).

Jon

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon-You've got to proofread your messages when you talk to your superiors. Also, you have to stop hijacking threads.

Obviously, I agree that people should order whichever they like. Hence, why I wrote "I'm sure both lights are great products... just depends on what you want more." Don't try to turn this into something more than it is :) 2BADD 4U and I are just having a nice factual discussion ;)

Why do you need me to take you over to Phong's? He's having the Super Bowl party tomorrow, and said you could come over after 2 pm to work on the car ... I'll be over a little later.

OP
OP

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STOP THE INSANITY !!

Its just a light Archilles, please step away from the keyboard and breath. Then take me over to phongs so I can get my damn car set up for next weekend :laugh:

People can order which ever they like, different stroke for different folks. I know plenty of people who supersize and eat it all (fast ********).

Jon

JON..well said! :cool:

Jon I never meant this to be a ******* contest at ALL...My intention was solely to expose the Stewart Warner Product to all Interested Viper Owners

BTW the SW is far better anyway...Usually Viper owners want the best...just trying to help ! To each their own! HMMMM, I feel like going to Mc Donalds! lolololo!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STOP THE INSANITY !!

Jon

I was just trying to clear up your earlier statement of, "I can't understand why everyone likes the raptor tach...when the Stewart Warner offers SO MUCH MORE , for a couple bucks more...Like the old saying goes..you get what you pay for!" I didn't want people to be mislead, that is all. Sorry you guys think it's something more!

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STOP THE INSANITY !!

Jon

Jon I never meant this to be a ******* contest at ALL...My intention was solely to expose the Stewart Warner Product to all Interested Viper Owners

BTW the SW is far better anyway...Usually Viper owners want the best...just trying to help ! To each their own! HMMMM, I feel like going to Mc Donalds! lolololo!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

No doubt that the Supersize SW does more than the Raptor... my only point was that the Raptor does what I need for almost half the price. Saying the SW is far better implies that the Raptor is inferior, which I don't believe is the case... just two different products for two different people. But I agree... to each their own :)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
McDonalds *****!

Hell yeah it does !! When you get supersized, all that happens is you run more and more risk of Visiting Linh's cousin ERDOC.

lol, btw Linh, you shouldn't rebuff your better (me :) ) As you can see I was "well said" in my assessment. :laugh:

And I needed you to take me to Phongs, because I KNEW he was probably not around today, since he didn't offer us to use the lift today, only Sunday. So I was saying/implying that you need to get the keys to his crib, so I could get the hook-up on the Car lift today!! But having inferior capacity to mine, you couldn't get that... understood. lol...

IM BUYING YOU A BEER OR 2 TOMORROW, at the Super Bowl Party.. looks like you need a few !! :laugh:

All in good fun... Your illiterate Better, Jon !! ( I used Your appropriately this time, noticed ??)

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will be testing one of these new shift light prototypes this coming week. We sell/install the ultra shift lights, but the window switch function is a big plus for us.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I needed you to take me to Phongs, because I KNEW he was probably not around today, since he didn't offer us to use the lift today, only Sunday. So I was saying/implying that you need to get the keys to his crib, so I could get the hook-up on the Car lift today!! But having inferior capacity to mine, you couldn't get that... understood. lol...

IM BUYING YOU A BEER OR 2 TOMORROW, at the Super Bowl Party.. looks like you need a few !! :laugh:

All in good fun... Your illiterate Better, Jon !! ( I used Your appropriately this time, noticed ??)

1) Being men, we say what we want/need. Saying/implying things is something that is reserved for women to do. You will learn this when you get married :)

2) Thanks for buying me free beer.

3) Your grammar and syntax *****, but you are still a good friend. I'm glad that you speak better than you type :)

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

1) Being men, we say what we want/need. Saying/implying things is something that is reserved for women to do. You will learn this when you get married :)

2) Thanks for buying me free beer.

3) Your grammar and syntax *****, but you are still a good friend. I'm glad that you speak better than you type :)

I think he's a little dyslexic. Take home lesson, "your and you're" are not the same.... and yes, you're a good friend. See you guys tomorrow.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, I thank you both for bustin my balls... now you're having as much fun with this as I am..

I am looking forward to hanging with you guys tomorrow !!

I'm not even a huge football guy (though being born and raised in Mass and CT means I'll be pulling for the PATS !!), just think it'll be fun to hang out !!

Jon

PS. Dont make fun of the cixelsyd kid

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to me that the Stewart Warner light is only $53.00...and does the same as the raptor.

Bill, thanks for posting the link...but I have seen the "better" model go fo much less. $100..amber $124...red $134 for blue

Thanks, Dave

I could be wrong, but the one for $53 just look like a light that has to attached to a after-market tach. Does look like it can work on its own. Am I wrong?