would a yellow gen2 hard top be desirable ???

viper1day

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys
ive put a few posts on lately, i am trying to import over to the UK a yellow gen2 .
But nearly all the cars i'm looking at, come with a hard top , which ( sorry if i upset you guys !!!! ) i do not particularly like .
if i find the right car i would be looking to sell the hardtop , but being over here in the UK , not sure how quick one would sell ,as i dont want to ship the car not having sold the top !!
are they desirable ?????? and what would one be worth ????

and more importantly does any one want one ????

thanks in advance for your help

Les

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not thrilled with the hard top either but I'm glad I have it for track days and I find it less claustrophobic than the soft top. I received both when I purchased my Viper. I think they're desirable for the right price...then again that can apply to anything. Test the waters by placing a classified here for you hard top and see what people are willing to offer you for it.

red98RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, unless you plan on getting a different kind of hardtop you may want to strongly consider keeping the one that comes with the car to use just as needed. Traveling in cold or rainy weather is MUCH more comfortable with the hard top and I would place bets you would use it more than you expect. Just my 0.02

Oh, yeah....a used one piece gen 2 hard top in excellent condition should run around 1,500 - 2000 dollars.

OP
OP
V

viper1day

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys
just to let you know , i'm not looking at doing away with the hard top , i would like to replace it with the smoother looking 3 pce which fits in the boot !!
thanks guys
Les

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you ever plan to track the car, keep the one piece. The three piece is very low and you will not fit with a helmet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte