WTB: 2nd Generation RT/10 or GTS

OP
OP
H

HardHitter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice bid...just put on my max bid of $48k. Thanks for the link :)

Haha well then you'll enjoy the car :) It is my ideal car but really, if the car is going to go over $40k, I'm willing to wait. There is 96 B/W car with exhaust with a $39k asking price and around 10k on the motor.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then go buy it. Never seen so much drama over buying a used car.
Haha well then you'll enjoy the car :) It is my ideal car but really, if the car is going to go over $40k, I'm willing to wait. There is 96 B/W car with exhaust with a $39k asking price and around 10k on the motor.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure you can find it yourself on eBay. Not many Vipers with that range. I have a feeling it's going to go for around $45k which is overpriced IMO

The value of a car is what it's worth to the buyer. Everyone wants a deal, but be forewarned if your picky it'll bite you in the ass. If your expectations are of the average used car jockey, you'll be fine.

Redsled, today's used Viper audience isn't the same as it used to be.

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that ebay viper ended at 36.5 and was re-listed. $3500 lower than your prediction yet you still didn't bite?

OP
OP
H

HardHitter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that ebay viper ended at 36.5 and was re-listed. $3500 lower than your prediction yet you still didn't bite?

I was the one who won that auction at $36.5. It didn't meet his reserve which he told me was $40k.

Doesn't matter, I ended up picking one up so I stopped following the auction.

Mike L

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok- this is my first post in years here - I've owned a 96 GTS blue/white for about 13-14 years. Its a garage queen, roughly 10k miles, no accidents, 99.9% stock, no track time, etc. Car was washed with 100% cotton towel and dried with a leaf blower. I would not even allow the frame recall work to be done for fear of someone not knowing what they were doing and its too far to drive to Dan Cragen or somewhere I would trust. Car even has original tires. Long story short - I lost my wife to cancer about 5 years ago and then lost interest in my toys. I'm seriously considering selling the car in the next couple of months - if I do - I will list it here first and give someone with VCA a very fair deal. Thanks.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok- this is my first post in years here - I've owned a 96 GTS blue/white for about 13-14 years. Its a garage queen, roughly 10k miles, no accidents, 99.9% stock, no track time, etc. Car was washed with 100% cotton towel and dried with a leaf blower. I would not even allow the frame recall work to be done for fear of someone not knowing what they were doing and its too far to drive to Dan Cragen or somewhere I would trust. Car even has original tires. Long story short - I lost my wife to cancer about 5 years ago and then lost interest in my toys. I'm seriously considering selling the car in the next couple of months - if I do - I will list it here first and give someone with VCA a very fair deal. Thanks.

Mike sorry for the loss of your Wife. My car is the same deal as yours, a garage queen, here is my point, I to worried if the recall would be done right, and I am a picky bastard, sent my car to Woodhouse they did a awesome job, looked factory. hope you get the spark back, all the best.:usa:

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mike,
Sorry for the loss of your wife. I would be happy to help you sell the car. 96-97 BW cars are very popular now.

Mike L

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Steve & Dan, I'll give you a heads up on what I decide.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used a site called Autotempest that searches all kinds of sites and consolidates it for you. I looked for 30 days until I stumbled upon a 1997 GTS for $38,000 out the door. It is bone stock and has 5,600 original miles with no accidents. So, they are out there for sure. Just need to find a dealer who doesn't know the crazy demand these things are seeing right now.

What color?

Mike L

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Well, its been more than a couple of months but I have finally decided to sell the car. I will have more info/pics posted in the next couple of weeks - just giving a heads up if anyone is looking for an original '96 GTS B/W unmolested/unmodified with 10k miles. Yes original tires/brakes etc. still on the car. Never tracked. I think it has been in the rain only a few times since I have owned it. I believe I purchased it in 2001. I'll get the records and pics in order in the next couple of weeks. Thanks.