***.......is up with this backround?

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And how do I change it? I can barely read this post I am typing and some bonehead put burgandy on black so I can't read anything :dunno: For the last 12 years we have been able to change these settings, how do I change these so I can see what I'm reading?

ramblinman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
man i thought it was me. i cant read anything at all. I cant even navigate the entire site cause i dont see the links..I asked why my venom tag was changed from charcoal to red and then this happened. Thought it was somehow related

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As has been posted elsewhere, please understand that this is a work in progress with numerous things being "tweaked" behind the scenes. What you see currently is absolutely NOT the final version. Our programmer has been working virtually all hours of this weekend to make ongoing changes behind the scenes and continues to do so as this is typed (midnight on a Sunday).

The site software needed updating due to security issues and simple patches had run their course. Unfortunately, the latest and greatest version of the forum software adversely affected several other associated programs we utilize on the site. as well as the "skin" that has been our default for some time. In a nutshell: That skin was designed for the older versions of vBulletin and is not compatible with the newest versions. We scrambled to come up with a temporary fix and bought a new skin with the same basic color scheme as the previous version of the forums. Alas, it didn't cover all the font colors and so more coding needs to be done to fix it.

The bottom line is that nobody is more aware of the problems with this version than the club itself. Our programmer is having to rewrite pages and pages of coding to get it where it is more "user friendly" (including searches), while still retaining the security and upgraded features of the software itself. Rest assured we are pushing this poor man to the extreme however there is only so much he can do at any one time. The transition isn't perfect, but the end results will be very close.

Please have a little patience as we work through these issues. You will be very pleased with the final look and feel of the forums - not to mention how they interact with your mobile devices. :2tu:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Chris. For a little while I thought the site had been taken over by Goth programmers.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As has been posted elsewhere, please understand that this is a work in progress with numerous things being "tweaked" behind the scenes. What you see currently is absolutely NOT the final version. Our programmer has been working virtually all hours of this weekend to make ongoing changes behind the scenes and continues to do so as this is typed (midnight on a Sunday).

The site software needed updating due to security issues and simple patches had run their course. Unfortunately, the latest and greatest version of the forum software adversely affected several other associated programs we utilize on the site. as well as the "skin" that has been our default for some time. In a nutshell: That skin was designed for the older versions of vBulletin and is not compatible with the newest versions. We scrambled to come up with a temporary fix and bought a new skin with the same basic color scheme as the previous version of the forums. Alas, it didn't cover all the font colors and so more coding needs to be done to fix it.

The bottom line is that nobody is more aware of the problems with this version than the club itself. Our programmer is having to rewrite pages and pages of coding to get it where it is more "user friendly" (including searches), while still retaining the security and upgraded features of the software itself. Rest assured we are pushing this poor man to the extreme however there is only so much he can do at any one time. The transition isn't perfect, but the end results will be very close.

Please have a little patience as we work through these issues. You will be very pleased with the final look and feel of the forums - not to mention how they interact with your mobile devices. :2tu:

Thanks Chris. I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have the site set up and working well only to have a mandatory update completely screw everything up. I'm not a web savy guy so I don't understand all the behind the scenes work that is involved but you wouldn't think it would require a complete redo. We appreciate all the work the programmer is doing.

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and I think the search is *****'d...
and we lost the quick reply box...
and we have to answer a question to run a search?

:lmao:

I hope the forum admins understand the crimp this is putting in my day!

Hope they get everything up/running smoothly soon. I know these things can be a b*tch.

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Of all my years of working one phrase seems to emanate change? KISS
Most of us probably are over 50, have glass's etc. We like change if it works
and we appreciate the hard work your doing at VCA, so you have to put up with
some constructive criticism from the gang. In the end we all mean well.
The back round colors are hard to read and when I tried to upload a image I almost gave up.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm, I posted my comments on this thread a little while ago, politely stated, but now my post is gone! Geez, wonder what that means....1984????? :D

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As has been posted elsewhere, please understand that this is a work in progress with numerous things being "tweaked" behind the scenes.

Thank you for the clarification Chris, good to know this is not permanent. I guess I'm just an old dog on this site that doesn't like change.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D
Thank you for the clarification Chris, good to know this is not permanent. I guess I'm just an old dog on this site that doesn't like change.

then i hope you didnt vote for mr hussien if you dont like change

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody else had problems with the photo gallery? I can upload pictures, but when I go to look at them, the page doesn't load at all.................:confused:

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The bolding of old topics and the light greying of topics with new post is a bit odd. Kind of the reverse of what you'd normally expect to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi