xm with the RAH?

SANCHOBA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone know if the xm satellite receiver and antenna will work with the RAH radio? in other words is it xm "ready"?
despertely want xm,but don't need navigation (RB1) and the added expense to change it out.

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If your radio has the 6 disc with external disc controller option it will work. Ask Dan at Viper Specialty Performance he know all about these.

OP
OP
SANCHOBA

SANCHOBA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
answer i got was it will work with the receiver and antenna, but also need an installation kit. there is no viper specific kit as i found out but i was "assured" a dodge ram kit will work. not sure i want to spend the money on a peice meal, put together,maybe it will work system! LOL

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually... a Dodge Ram kit will not work. Not even close. A Viper Specific kit does exist for the Convertible... just not from Dodge. I have never been able to get me hands on a Sirius antenna bracket assembly from a Coupe however to manufacture that version.

Your car is SIRIUS/XM Ready, NOT XM Ready. The base platform is Sirius. You are lacking the reciever, bracket, antenna and antenna bracket assemblies to make it function. However, that is a very specific group of parts Dodge does not actually sell separately.

OP
OP
SANCHOBA

SANCHOBA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually... a Dodge Ram kit will not work. Not even close. A Viper Specific kit does exist for the Convertible... just not from Dodge. I have never been able to get me hands on a Sirius antenna bracket assembly from a Coupe however to manufacture that version.

Your car is SIRIUS/XM Ready, NOT XM Ready. The base platform is Sirius. You are lacking the reciever, bracket, antenna and antenna bracket assemblies to make it function. However, that is a very specific group of parts Dodge does not actually sell separately.
Thanks Dan,so what's the best way to go this route? Don't want to use the FM transmitter option.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Dan,so what's the best way to go this route? Don't want to use the FM transmitter option.

Short of the one bracket, getting you the parts is not a problem. Finding a coupe w/Sirius option that would be willing to lend the Antenna/Bracket would go a LONG way towards duplication.