Yes, we are #1

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This article just makes no sense to me, what would you possibly spend $8000 on over a 5 year period on?

Say you drive 12,000 miles a year. Over a 5 year period you wind up changing the oil and grease ball joints 20 times, change the rear diff oil say 2 or 3 times, air filter twice, new spark plugs once, flush the radiator once, and that's it.

Probably $1500 to $2000 tops. What am I missing?

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhhh few sets of tires ... he likes agressive starts!!! Three sets could $5k alone.

BUT he did forgot about reduction to healthcare for all the smiles and happiness the car provides! Much like having pet.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's way low. I use up three sets of tires a year...throw in track entry fees, 8 fluid changes, 4 sets of brake pads, a couple thousand gallons of gas...More like $20-25k a year. ;)

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhhh few sets of tires ... he likes agressive starts!!! Three sets could $5k alone.

BUT he did forgot about reduction to healthcare for all the smiles and happiness the car provides! Much like having pet.

Right, but the cost for tires is under repairs not maintenance. They have $8000 worth of maintenance. Just doesn't make sense.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all relative! I would be scared to add up my annual up keep on my cigarette boat, For me anytime I want to save money I drive my snake.... no wait!! even if I did'nt want to save money I still drive my snake!!