You Winers!

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do not post much, but I am VCA President. This gives me a right for you guys to listen:

When I bought my first Viper, it took 9 months for delivery since they sold every one they made. It was well worth the wait!

When I ordered the car, I had never even sat in one, let alone driven one. I must confess, I wanted the most bad-ass car on the planet and I knew that I would be astounded with this car.

I did not realize that this car would change my life. I will never forget telling my wife that there was this club full of fanatics that was organizing all kinds of events. Most of these included driving at unheard of speeds. She kinda laughed.

I have had NASCAR drivers sitting in my car, gone over 140mph in front on 150,000+ spectators, driven 155mph+ on high banks, gone 150+mph next to the Mississippi River, and experienced burn-outs right in front of the Texas State Police. I have had only two speeding tickets, but have shown my engine to many Cops. I have won numerous car shows and came in second at a Viper vs Vette drag-race, my first time out.

I remember the days when all the talk on these boards was how we could kick everyone’s ass regardless of what the car looked like. Now you guys ***** about what the car looks like.

I just received my new 2006 Coupe and it is AWSOME!!

All I can say is that I am going to continue to support the greatest car brand in the world. It’s not just the performance, styling, or quarter mile times that make a car. It’s the people that make it great. If it wasn’t for the VCA, nobody would hear you guys *****.

Did I not just hear that Corvette was having a 50th ?. I guarantee you that not everyone that owned the previous model was happy with the new model. All they wanted was a bad ass sports car. Think about it!

Chris Thomson
NM Viper Club
505-771-0044
[email protected]

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said Chris. I have yet to meet a single VCA member or Viper owner who wasn't obliging in ever aspect. This is the greatest car club in the world and I cannot wait to be a part of it.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not post much, but I am VCA President. This gives me a right for you guys to listen:

When I bought my first Viper, it took 9 months for delivery since they sold every one they made. It was well worth the wait!

When I ordered the car, I had never even sat in one, let alone driven one. I must confess, I wanted the most bad-ass car on the planet and I knew that I would be astounded with this car.

I did not realize that this car would change my life. I will never forget telling my wife that there was this club full of fanatics that was organizing all kinds of events. Most of these included driving at unheard of speeds. She kinda laughed.

I have had NASCAR drivers sitting in my car, gone over 140mph in front on 150,000+ spectators, driven 155mph+ on high banks, gone 150+mph next to the Mississippi River, and experienced burn-outs right in front of the Texas State Police. I have had only two speeding tickets, but have shown my engine to many Cops. I have won numerous car shows and came in second at a Viper vs Vette drag-race, my first time out.

I remember the days when all the talk on these boards was how we could kick everyone’s ass regardless of what the car looked like. Now you guys ***** about what the car looks like.

All I can say is that I am going to continue to support the greatest car brand in the world. It’s not just the performance, styling, or quarter mile times that make a car. It’s the people that make it great. If it wasn’t for the VCA, nobody would hear you guys *****.

Did I not just hear that Corvette was having a 50th ?. I guarantee you that not everyone that owned the previous model was happy with the new model. All they wanted was a bad ass sports car. Think about it!

Chris Thomson
NM Viper Club
505-771-0044
[email protected]

Did you mean "Whiners?"

Congrats on your SRT-10 Coupe!

Are your drunk?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chris Thomson
NM Viper Club
505-771-0044
[email protected]

The only difference now is that the srtc is NOT the baddest car on the planet... It's high up there, and I embrace it, but it has lost it's spot on the very top. Let's hope for an outrageous leap ahead in the near future in both performance AND looks. :2tu:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
VCA is[/] good people.

I saw a black Gen3 Coupe in Bel Air a few days ago, in the rain. It looked great!

Don't imagine that Dodge would give up the performance icon that is Viper, by not putting it on top again. Something outrageous is brewing, I just know it. You feel it too, dontcha?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA is[/] good people.

I saw a black Gen3 Coupe in Bel Air a few days ago, in the rain. It looked great!

Don't imagine that Dodge would give up the performance icon that is Viper, by not putting it on top again. Something outrageous is brewing, I just know it. You feel it too, dontcha?

I feel it and I'm hopeful. If DC hits it out of the park, it'll shut all of us up... and I won't complain one bit.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chris Thomson
NM Viper Club
505-771-0044
[email protected]

Did you mean "Whiners?"

Congrats on your SRT-10 Coupe!

Are your drunk?

You kill me sometimes Dave.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why every post discussing the SRT or SRT coupe turns into an "US vs. Them" (Gen1/Gen2 vs. Gen3) battle. They are what they are - and share a common heritage. While I prefer the Gen 1 over the Gen 3 - I can still treat a fellow Viper owner with respect and admiration for their preference. They're all good and to each his own.

A little courtesy and respect will keep this Us vs. Them mentality to a minimum and keep this site what it is - The Best Damn Web Site for Viper discussion.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did I not just hear that Corvette was having a 50th ?. I guarantee you that not everyone that owned the previous model was happy with the new model.

I cant think of a single Corvette guy that liked the purple color of the 2003 models (The 50 year anniversary Vette). As for us Viper owners, I agree. This is the greatest carclub of all-time! Even before I bought my Viper, every Viper owner I met was the nicest and most accomodating person. Now that I own one, everything is even better. Everyone is willing to lend a hand nomatter what you need. The Viper might not be the baddest car on the planet for now, but in a couple years, I think Dodge is gonna push the Gen 4 Viper to unheard of levels of performance!

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Dodge is gonna push the Gen 4 Viper to unheard of levels of performance"!

--------------------
I can’t wait, even though I love my Gen II I’ve had the chance to drive a Gen III and it was AWESOME! I’m waiting with baited breath to see if DC is going to step up, I’ll wait in line to add one to my garage. My Gen II needs a friend :2tu:

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think every club has its opinions. I know in the Ferrari club the V12 guys give the V8 guys crap. With all the different Corvette models I'm sure their clubs do the same. Heck even within the Gen2 we give each other crap (creampuff vs flakie, lol). The point is that is all in good fun and not to be taken personally. My favorite styling is the GTS. I do love the new coupe and would probably have one of those before a convertible of any Gen, but that's just my opinion and doesn't mean all Viper verts ****. Fact is all Vipers are awesome and we are all brothers. A little sibling rivalry never hurt anyone.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: You Whiners!

Chris, They'll eat their young on these forums!

I too just bought a 06 coupe (black/silver) and while it is not perfect, it still has the "gawk" factor that is expected from the Viper brand. When I get finished with its upgrades, it will be a force to be reckoned with by any exotic.

Of all of the vehicles in my stable (some listed below) the Viper remains my favorite!

Best of luck with future Models.

Tom

2006 Dodge Viper SRT Coupe
2006 Dodge SRT-8 Charger
2006 Dodge MEGA CAB Cummins Turbo Diesel
2006 BMW 650
2004 BMW M3 SMG
1997 Dodge Viper GTS 9 Second Viper
1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda
1968 Plymouth Hemi Cuda SS/AA
1965 Plymouth Belvedere Hemi A-990
1996 Piper Mirage (SEL Airplane)
1997 Citation V Ultra (Jet)
Other daily drivers not listed

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm not a frequent poster either and I agree to a point Chris. However, if it wasn't for us voicing our opinions, the new coupe probably wouldn't have some of the characteristics of the original GTS that many love.

Some of the posts made on this board are down right harsh and I disagree with them totally. However, most of us provide important feedback that I am certain gets to the SRT group one way or the other.

I design and write software for a living for automobiles. If it wasn't for my customers providing feedback for new releases, I would be lost. I actually ask my customers what they DON'T like so I can make it better.

With that said, I'm sure the SRT group appreciates most of the comments we make so they can build a better Viper and sell more cars. With a few exceptions, I think that is what most of us do on this board.

I love all Vipers from Gen I through Gen III. However, when I have $80K burning a hole in my pocket, I'll be buying another Gen II. I've been waiting close to 4 years for the new style to grow on me. I honestly thought it would! But, for the exterior styling, I'd still rather be behind the wheel of a Gen II...at least for now.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing about the SRT moniker, it stands for "Street and Racing Technology" In light of today's assaults on "the fast and the furious" I just love the potential political incorrectness of SRT. :)

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had NASCAR drivers sitting in my car, gone over 140mph in front on 150,000+ spectators, driven 155mph+ on high banks, gone 150+mph next to the Mississippi River,

Please tell me your car has a full blown race roll cage and 5 point harnesses in it, and you wear a HANS device, helmet, fire suit, etc. when you do this.

I know you loved it, I know lots of people like it and do it, I just hate hearing about people doing it. These cars without racing enhancements are not safe in high speed accidents.

I lost 2 cousins in a single car, Viper high speed street accident, both perished in the same accident.

I used to race in the NASCAR Busch Series and the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, albeit limited and as a back marker. Plus I was lucky enough to have raced a full race prepped Viper in a road course event. And I have hit the wall at 155+ MPH, I have hit the wall head on square as square can be at 125+ MPH, and I can’t stress enough, what our Vipers lack in safety measures for a high speed accident!

These cars can go fast but they are NOT built to withstand high speed wrecks and keep us safe, they are a death trap.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!!

And to get back on topic, I am a whiner, I'm waiting for the next Generation Viper to be unvailed.... I heard the looks alone are suposed to scare women and small childern!

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chris, They'll eat their young on these forums!

I too just bought a 06 coupe (black/silver) and while it is not perfect, it still has the "gawk" factor that is expected from the Viper brand. When I get finished with its upgrades, it will be a force to be reckoned with by any exotic.

Of all of the vehicles in my stable (some listed below) the Viper remains my favorite!

Best of luck with future Models.

Tom

2006 Dodge Viper SRT Coupe
2006 Dodge SRT-8 Charger
2006 Dodge MEGA CAB Cummins Turbo Diesel
2006 BMW 650
2004 BMW M3 SMG
1997 Dodge Viper GTS 9 Second Viper
1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda
1968 Plymouth Hemi Cuda SS/AA
1965 Plymouth Belvedere Hemi A-990
1996 Piper Mirage (SEL Airplane)