Your gonna think this is REALLY stupid.........

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you check the radiator fluid in a '94? My viper runs a little hot and, well, I'd like to check it.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search for "burping" and you will find lots of info on how to get air out of your system.

But more important is if you do not know how to check the odds are you have not changed it recently. My advice is to make sure the coolant is changed every 3 years or less.

OP
OP
J

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the help but I need to know how to check to see if I have enough coolant in the car. I know where the overflow container is. Is that were you check to see if it has enough radiator fluid?

I have too many freakin cars....

****I must look like a dumbazz****

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The Viper is indeed a different Beast.

Yes, check BOTH the overflow bottle in the nose(cold, the level should be about half way between the two embossed marks on the wheel well along the sides of the vertical viewing port) AND the pressure tank in the engine bay (the level should be near the top of the tank but not up in the neck).

Happy Thanksgiving !!

OP
OP
J

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only overflow I see in the engine compartment is on the passenger side in front of the air intake. Where's the other one located?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its in the front bumper on the passenger side. There should be a round rubber cover in the wheel well that you can remove and see the other bottle. Have a strong flashlight with you and the coolant will glow and you will be able to see how what coolant you have.

OP
OP
J

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve....got your email. I'm visiting family and will call tomorrow AM. Thanks.

Jim

OP
OP
J

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find the detail I needed to make an intelligent decision.

Steve, thanks again for your help. Some people could learn from your example.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do you check the radiator fluid in a '94? My viper runs a little hot and, well, I'd like to check it.
Hey Jimster,
What are you considering "running a little hot"??
You know "normal" is around 3/4 up on the gauge or higher....It used to bug me until I found that out......
On the earlier cars, 92/93 they had a yellow area on the guage and people used to freak out when the temp got in the yellow, so in 94 they simply removed the yellow part...
Cheers,

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get in the car and turn the steering wheel all the way to the left. Go to the passenger front wheel well. There is a big rubber stopper inside the wheel well. Pull it out. Shine a flashlight in the whole at the fill tank. There is a fill line, if you can see it you will know if you need more coolant. If the tank gets dirty it is hard to see. Now if you can't see you need to take of the front fascia.

To add coolant take the overflo tube off the radiator and buy the smallest funnel you can find. Mix coolant 50/50 with water. Stick the funnel in the end of the overflo tube (it's not easy, I usually put the smallest amount of wax on the funnel to get the hose over the end of the funnel. Top off the fliud and recconnect the hose to the radiator. Insert rubber plug and your done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21