Zero Oil Pressure Warning LED

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">After reading many posts on the risk of oil pressure loss while hard cornering 1996 ~ 1999 GENII Vipers, (oil pan not deep enough), plus having a dampened to the point of worthless oil pressure gauge, I looked into replacing the gauge with a mechanical one. Wanting to keep the car stock however, precluded that swap.

Sean Roe was kind enough to suggest an O/P warning light that would illuminate @ &lt;30lbs. of pressure. He is in fact working up a kit to do exactly that. In the meantime, I cobbled together something that uses the stock sender, (which illuminates the light @ &lt;8lbs.), leaves no trace if removed, keeps the message center icon operating normally and requires just one wire splice at a point in the harness where other splices exist.

You must be registered for see images

Perhaps a bit much for some, but peace of mind for me. A blip of that bright blue light will not go unnoticed, unlike the message center oil can. I chose a blue LED so I would't mistake a blip for one of the V1 red LED's.

Of course, upgrading to the 2000+ oil pan isn't a bad idea either.</FONT f>

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks good Ron!

Replace the stock oil pressure warning light sender at the oil filter adapter (single wire sender with 1/8" pipe thread) with a 20 or 30 psi sender for about $14 and you're done.
Sorry I didn't get to it sooner, but it looks like you did a nice job on it yourself.
If you're ever looking for work in Viper product design and development arena...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4