375/20R21

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference is that you likely were running a different offset than Dave had to, because of his Big Brake kit. They were able to change your offset to "tuck" your wheels more. That is the problem that is often run into- there it not enough "curve" in the spokes to adequately tuck the wheels, and still clear the Calipers.

I was running the big brake upgrade as well. But I do hear you about the spoke curve. The hre rims usually have curve to them.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lip sizes are the same for many of the HRE/iForged sets. The offste can only be played with so mush, depending on the caliper/rotor sizes. I do not anticipate a problem with the 21's on the Gen-2 however, as the wheel is tucked the same as a 4" lipped 20", but is actually smaller diameter overall. The width is not really a factor here.

I dont think that is true at all. HRE has a much smaller lip than Iforged wheels do. Iforged wheels mostly come with 4" lips. HRE's have a barley 3" lip.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I dont think that is true at all. HRE has a much smaller lip than Iforged wheels do. Iforged wheels mostly come with 4" lips. HRE's have a barley 3" lip.

Remember that you are arguing a CUSTOM wheel. Either manufacturer will make you whatever you would like if you can pay for it.

I have sold plenty of 3-4 inch Rear HRE and iForged sets, they make up the most common sizes. 21" Rears ONLY come in 3".

The 5-inch Gen-2 iForged available wheel and the Xtreme Lip series are the exception, but they make up just about nil of my sales on those wheel types.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was running the big brake upgrade as well. But I do hear you about the spoke curve. The hre rims usually have curve to them.

So do the iForged wheels. In fact, iForged has the most curve by far in certain wheel series. However, the fitment is a combination of the desired wheel width, the available barrel and lip sizes, the wheel curve, and the offset. With the lip and barrel sizes on the 21, currently a 10" barrel and a 3.5" [total] lip, the curve of the wheel comes into play, and they are only offered one way. The 21's are curved less than the 20's, so to clear the caliper with a 3" lip, the wheel ends up "tucked" like a 4" lipped 20, not a 3" lipped 20". You cannot move the offset further in or you will contact the caliper.

Trust me, the offset, at least for the Gen-3 is fine. So long as the Gen-2 fits in the same manner [and I am sure it will] there will not be a problem.

Again the issue on Dave's car is TIRE related, not WHEEL related. I just put a set of 20" iForged wheels on a LOWERED Gen-2 today, and it did NOT rub, due to a conventional tire selection of 345/25/20. If Dave opts to go the Pirelli route next time around, he will not have rubbing issues at all. The main issue is that the very tall 335/30/20, can contact the inner wheel well on some Gen-2's BEFORE the suspension has an opportunity to "pull the wheel into the fender" as part of the normal suspension travel, as the top of the tire will move IN as it moves UP. Gen-3's do not have this issue, as they use different wheel well designs altogether.

Last edited:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had PS2's on my red coupe running 20" Monaco's and it rubbed like mad. Switched to PZeros, and it still had a little rub when slammed on Motons. Switched to Invo's, zero rub at all. The "rim protector," bead area on the PS2, hangs out substantially past the sidewall, and is not the tire to run if you are going to set your coilovers low.

As for lips, the 3 inch lip on the 21 is an issue with forging. Adding another inch of spoke should leave more room for curvature. I would have to think Vincent will put something out once they have compatible barrels. Same thing back when the first set of Precision series wheels were built for my car. You had to run a 12 inch rear to get the 4 inch lip...not the case just a few months afterward.

Looking forward to seeing the orange car on the ground. I noticed the HRE's on Ebay.:2tu:

Last edited:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had PS2's on my red coupe running 20" Monaco's and it rubbed like mad. Switched to PZeros, and it still had a little rub when slammed on Motons. Switched to Invo's, zero rub at all. The "rim protector," bead area on the PS2, hangs out substantially past the sidewall, and is not the tire to run if you are going to set your coilovers low.

As for lips, the 3 inch lip on the 21 is an issue with forging. Adding another inch of spoke should leave more room for curvature. I would have to think Vincent will put something out once they have compatible barrels. Same thing back when the first set of Precision series wheels were built for my car. You had to run a 12 inch rear to get the 4 inch lip...not the case just a few months afterward.

Looking forward to seeing the orange car on the ground. I noticed the HRE's on Ebay.:2tu:

Yep, you got it basically. However, I think it REALLY depends how well the 21's sell... it might be a good while before they take off.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I'm really interested in the 21's now! I have Daves Big Brakes with 14" rotors all the way around on my 2000 ACR. Do you have any idea what the average offset would be (i know it depends on the wheel design) for 20's and 21's? I want the most dish I can get front and rear which I think is around 2" front, 3" rear. Thanks!

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, a 20 still looks big to me on a GTS. Coupes look different. A 19 gets lost in the front of an SRT, and 20/20s make the front wheel look bigger. The 21 in the rear allows you to run a 20 and it still looks proportional. I just wish the 375 was a hair taller.

The 20 on the front of my red car always looked big to me, and I think a 21 rear would have helped.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
IMO all that rim and no sidewall = zero traction, might give you a "look" but not for me I want some BITE! I actually went to the 18" rear just to have a better all around bite off the corners and it was much better that the 19" even. I can't say from first hand experience what the 20-21" would do I can just speculate it would be worse. Too each his own though.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do agree with you mjorgensen about the less traction if you are looking at any track or strip time (19/20 or 20/21 are not correct for any true race enviroment) but for guys like me who are mostly show and no go, meaning I mostly like to roll around town and look damn good while Im doing it then 19/20's or 20/21's are perfect:2tu: and when I head to the strip the first thing I would do is slap the 18/19's back on and give her hell:D oh and I would love to try the track thing but there are none around me that I know of:dunno:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
IMO all that rim and no sidewall = zero traction, might give you a "look" but not for me I want some BITE! I actually went to the 18" rear just to have a better all around bite off the corners and it was much better that the 19" even. I can't say from first hand experience what the 20-21" would do I can just speculate it would be worse. Too each his own though.

I am not going to disagree with you... yet. I am hopeful that the extra width will make up some of the difference, but we will see. For the street, I would rather have the look and a second set of rear wheels for the bite if needed.

On that note, on the SRT's, the 335/30/20 actually has far more bite than the 345/30/19 in my opinion...

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are a couple pics I took at a car show last year. The 375's look huge!

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was down at VSP on the weekend having my 19/20's installed by Dan and I was looking at the orange car with the 375's. They look amazing and don't stick out at all.

It was amazing to see two engineless vipers side by side waiting for their 1500TT packages to be instaslled.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a comparison 345/25R20 Nitto Invo to a 375/20R21 Pirelli

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gonna hold out for 25's or sixes. Anything more than 1/2" of sidewall height is for sissies.

I agree!!!

It amazes me that the Viper Community is influenced by so many outside communities that people are willing to put 21, and even 22 inch rims and tires on the car. Way to ruin a beautiful sports car with super bling.

Whose gonna make a set of 24's fit? C'mon, one of you has thought about it! Disgusting! :nono::nono::nono:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree!!!

It amazes me that the Viper Community is influenced by so many outside communities that people are willing to put 21, and even 22 inch rims and tires on the car. Way to ruin a beautiful sports car with super bling.

I would suggest you hold your opinion until you actually see what the VIPER looks like on 21's. And not "Bling" 21's at that.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but anything above a 20 inch rim is ridiculous to have on any car. Leave the big wheels for trucks and the performance wheels for the sports cars. These wheels can look as great as the owner would like but it is my opinion and I can say honestly if someone parked their blinging 21 or 22 inch wheeled viper next to mine I would move mine away. Guess some Honda and Caprice owners move up to vipers.

I would suggest you hold your opinion until you actually see what the VIPER looks like on 21's. And not "Bling" 21's at that.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry but anything above a 20 inch rim is ridiculous to have on any car. Leave the big wheels for trucks and the performance wheels for the sports cars. These wheels can look as great as the owner would like but it is my opinion and I can say honestly if someone parked their blinging 21 or 22 inch wheeled viper next to mine I would move mine away. Guess some Honda and Caprice owners move up to vipers.

It is certainly your opinion and are entitled to it, but you find me a 375mm wide tire in a 19 or 20, and then you can have a leg to stand on. Its not about it being a 21... its about it being THAT WIDE.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is certainly your opinion and are entitled to it, but you find me a 375mm wide tire in a 19 or 20, and then you can have a leg to stand on. Its not about it being a 21... its about it being THAT WIDE.

The width is not the issue. You can make the tire 3 feet wide and it would still look horrible on a viper with over sized rims.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive never driven a honda or caprice but I still like 19/20 and 20/21 combos but thats ok cause its what I like and I unlike yourself am not trying to force others to understand my opinion is what counts and that you must be trash if you like something different than myself. I am just a dude who works for his money but you do realize there are guys on here with alot more money than yourself who like the 20/21 combos and will not take kindly to you classifing them as "Honda and Caprice owners who move up to vipers"?

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And you do realize you rationalized 20's as being a performance wheel and there are alot of people here who would say you are dead wrong in that statement. Even I unbolted the Iforged 20's on my last viper and bolted back on the 19's for the drag strip why? because it gave be better "performance".

Last edited:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The width is not the issue. You can make the tire 3 feet wide and it would still look horrible on a viper with over sized rims.

Some too would argue that rattle canning a set of stock Viper wheels black looks horrible. To each his own.:dunno:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a giant tire. Going to 21 is certainly more for looks than anything else.

If that is what you want - Great. Enjoy. Everyone is going to have an opinion. Why argue about it?

Here is a comparison 345/25R20 Nitto Invo to a 375/20R21 Pirelli

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the real world, one tire/wheel combo just can't do it all. If you like to track the car, 18" rims give you traction and tire availability (road race or drag radials). Stock 18" and 19" rims are good all around performers. The 20"/21" units look great to many of us....not even caring about performance if I'm showing up to the local Dairy Queen for a car show and bench racing.

So far I've already acquired 18's for the track and two sets of stock 18"/19" for street rubber. Unfortunately, now I'm going to have to spend some more money on these new monster 375's...they would look so bad ass from the rear. If they work well performance-wise that would be icing on the cake.

Cheers,
George