375/20R21

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a Gen-2 on 21/20

attachment.php

Do you have a better picture from the side? I like it!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you can, see if they will take some close up shots of the 21's and show the gaps and distances between the tire and fender. Thanks!

I will try. However if you are worried about rubbing, I really don't think there will be any issue after seeing it.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks very good to me, and I think the GTS holds less wheel than the SRT does from a looks standpoint. Thanks for the pictures.

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who gives the best price on wheels? Also What price range are we talken for this combo without tires...

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some too would argue that rattle canning a set of stock Viper wheels black looks horrible. To each his own.:dunno:

Interesting, who rattle canned a set of stockers? Surely your not talking about me are you. You would be sadly mistaken. The wheels are professionally powder coated with a clear coat and have been going strong for years. I am not sure on the way you do your mods to your Viper but I do things the right way. Best part is everyone has their opinion and you would be entitled to yours however even the folks who were skeptic to me doing the black powder coat came back after it was done admitted they looked good and inquired as to the cost and durability of the coating.

To eachs own but you wont see any 20+ wheels on my car. Whats next, putting the silver 21 or 22 logos on the side of the fenders along with fake fender vents? **** my Viper now premiering on MTV. Horrible!

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting, who rattle canned a set of stockers? Surely your not talking about me are you. You would be sadly mistaken. The wheels are professionally powder coated with a clear coat and have been going strong for years. I am not sure on the way you do your mods to your Viper but I do things the right way. Best part is everyone has their opinion and you would be entitled to yours however even the folks who were skeptic to me doing the black powder coat came back after it was done admitted they looked good and inquired as to the cost and durability of the coating.

To eachs own but you wont see any 20+ wheels on my car. Whats next, putting the silver 21 or 22 logos on the side of the fenders along with fake fender vents? **** my Viper now premiering on MTV. Horrible!

I used to have a BB just like yours with black wheels, and I sold it to Bernie. Mine too were powder coated, and I always thought they looked terrible. I honestly couldn't tell what yours were from your avatar, and that really is the reason I didn't like mine. Too me, they look just like a ********* **** unless you are right on top of the car. I digress. The point being; you won't see me on a painted stocker thread bashing the look. The only place an 18 looks good is on the track, and I will leave it at that. I think a nice matching black powder coated "18" logo would complete the look you are after.;)

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have a BB just like yours with black wheels, and I sold it to Bernie. Mine too were powder coated, and I always thought they looked terrible. I honestly couldn't tell what yours were from your avatar, and that really is the reason I didn't like mine. Too me, they look just like a ********* **** unless you are right on top of the car. I digress. The point being; you won't see me on a painted stocker thread bashing the look. The only place an 18 looks good is on the track, and I will leave it at that. I think a nice matching black powder coated "18" logo would complete the look you are after.;)

To eachs own though I do find it funny that you are the 1st to say they look "terrible".

In regards to bashing please inform me the point of putting wheels this large on a Viper? There is none. They are senseless, don't provide traction and in the end generally make the vehicle unstable and unbalanced. There is more to a tire then just being wide! A rediculous amount of money was put into the design of these vehicles to ensure aero dynamics and suspension control and no where in that figure did they ever think about putting 22's on a Viper. Money can buy anything but it cant buy taste. Please post up photos of your blinging Viper when you put your 22's on there. Can't wait to get a good laugh.

Dave the fake fender vents I am referring to are the stick on ones you commonly see on Dodge Chargers. The ones that try to copy the stock look of the buicks. There will be no wheel size logos on my car but then again, I'm not rollin on dub dueces. :lmao::lmao:

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To eachs own though I do find it funny that you are the 1st to say they look "terrible".

In regards to bashing please inform me the point of putting wheels this large on a Viper? There is none. They are senseless, don't provide traction and in the end generally make the vehicle unstable and unbalanced. There is more to a tire then just being wide! A rediculous amount of money was put into the design of these vehicles to ensure aero dynamics and suspension control and no where in that figure did they ever think about putting 22's on a Viper. Money can buy anything but it cant buy taste. Please post up photos of your blinging Viper when you put your 22's on there. Can't wait to get a good laugh.

We all have our own taste and opinions, which is a good thing. I've always hated black rims on anything! To me it looks cheap and makes your vehicle look like you can't afford to buy nice rims. I've just never been a fan of the "rolling on spares" look, but that's just me.

22's on a Viper would be a bit much but it might look good you never know. Usually anyone that upsize their rims on any vehicle, won't be using it the way the designers planned for them to be used.

I've owned my Viper since Feb. and just from working on the car and seeing the shape of the body, Dodge messed up a lot of areas when it comes to aerodynamics on a GTS. I think the mirrors could be smaller or reshaped, the door handles look stupid and really aren't needed since it's all electric, why not just have a door popper? The windshield wipers could have been redesigned to make them sit under the hood which might seem hard to do now, but they could have made it happen when they designed the car, correct? The gas door is big and bulky, and an eye sore not to mention heavy. Why not have a flat gas door that doesn't create drag? I'm sure it's not enough to make a difference, but still...

And I'm not sure, but I think 22's didn't catch on until after the Final Editions, so of course the designers never planned on using them, but you will find 20's on an SRT-10. A set of 18" rims was HUGE back in the day. Thanks for reading my rant, these are just my opinions, I'm still learning more about Vipers everyday :cool:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In regards to bashing please inform me the point of putting wheels this large on a Viper? There is none. They are senseless, don't provide traction and in the end generally make the vehicle unstable and unbalanced.

I gained several pounds per corner when I blinged out with my 20/19 big lip chrome iForged Classics and PS2's. Let alone the weight of all the big ***** women that chase me now :rolaugh:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dave the fake fender vents I am referring to are the stick on ones you commonly see on Dodge Chargers. The ones that try to copy the stock look of the buicks. There will be no wheel size logos on my car but then again, I'm not rollin on dub dueces. :lmao::lmao:

You must be registered for see images attach

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all have our own taste and opinions, which is a good thing. I've always hated black rims on anything! To me it looks cheap and makes your vehicle look like you can't afford to buy nice rims. I've just never been a fan of the "rolling on spares" look, but that's just me.

22's on a Viper would be a bit much but it might look good you never know. Usually anyone that upsize their rims on any vehicle, won't be using it the way the designers planned for them to be used.

I've owned my Viper since Feb. and just from working on the car and seeing the shape of the body, Dodge messed up a lot of areas when it comes to aerodynamics on a GTS. I think the mirrors could be smaller or reshaped, the door handles look stupid and really aren't needed since it's all electric, why not just have a door popper? The windshield wipers could have been redesigned to make them sit under the hood which might seem hard to do now, but they could have made it happen when they designed the car, correct? The gas door is big and bulky, and an eye sore not to mention heavy. Why not have a flat gas door that doesn't create drag? I'm sure it's not enough to make a difference, but still...

And I'm not sure, but I think 22's didn't catch on until after the Final Editions, so of course the designers never planned on using them, but you will find 20's on an SRT-10. A set of 18" rims was HUGE back in the day. Thanks for reading my rant, these are just my opinions, I'm still learning more about Vipers everyday :cool:

Saying it might look good contradicts the fact that there are photos already floating around with a Viper on 22's. It looks horrible. Enough said.

In regards to your comment about dodge messing up the GTS is completely off kilter. The car itself is a work of art and I do not believe any portion of that vehicle was "messed" up. It paved the way for the technology used in the newer Vipers.

20's on an SRT look fine, there is still plenty of tire. Same with a GTS. I've never seen them on an RT/10 so no comment. Above a 20 is too much. For a car it is pointless. Leave the big wheels for trucks.

Funny comment about the black wheels. Plenty of folks here have black wheels let alone powder coated stockers. Man they have horrible taste. Funny part is I would not mind having a nice set of after markets, in black of course. My issue is I can't justify paying 4+ grand on a set of wheels when I like the way my car looks.

I assure you I won't waste anymore time in this thread since I know the road it is headed down. I forsee spinners, airbags, 22 signs on the fenders and 6 exhaust pipes. :2tu:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forsee spinners, airbags, 22 signs on the fenders and 6 exhaust pipes. :2tu:

Dude can you not see where you just go too far with your smart a++ comments and the way you pretty much come and tell some pretty decent people who like something you dont like that they are stupid, tastless, and pretty much trailer trash because they dont have the same ideals as you.
And no one on here is arguing with you about the "performance standard" with big wheels in fact no one has said one thing about hitting the track on big wheels their are simply to add a certain look that some of us like out on the street, and where did 22's come into play? This thread is about running 375/20-21 tires on the rear in the 20/21 combo and that is what the people posting here want to see not the red car on 22's you are refering to.
I personnaly think you are a blind fool if you think the red GTS on this thread looks stupid in the 20/21 combos but I am not gonna call you an old fart that cant stand change who lives in a small world were your opinion is the rule we all live by. Or wait, maybe I just said it. oh well. I can assure you for all the others that agree with you there are just as many that think the 20/21 combo looks good so its a never ending battle.
So IMO you should move on to a thread that says "powder coated 18" stockers" and leave lots of good comments on there and let the 20/21 thread have their fun without your god sent opinion that you have to back up with nice general insults to all who disagree.
:2tu:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and Dan there are plenty of people here that are still quite excited about seeing more cars sitting on 20/21's . Preferably some gen 3 & 4's:D SO LETS SEE SOME PICS:2tu::headbang:

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saying it might look good contradicts the fact that there are photos already floating around with a Viper on 22's. It looks horrible. Enough said.

In regards to your comment about dodge messing up the GTS is completely off kilter. The car itself is a work of art and I do not believe any portion of that vehicle was "messed" up. It paved the way for the technology used in the newer Vipers.

Funny comment about the black wheels. Plenty of folks here have black wheels let alone powder coated stockers. Man they have horrible taste. Funny part is I would not mind having a nice set of after markets, in black of course. My issue is I can't justify paying 4+ grand on a set of wheels when I like the way my car looks.

Are we talking about Gen 2's or 3's? :lmao: I'm not talking about the Gen 3 on red 22's. I think the size looks fine, just not my style of rim at all, but at least they aren't black :rolaugh:

Seriously take the time to look over the areas on a GTS that I stated and then get back to me. All I'm saying is, I think some parts of the car could been more aerodynamic. I Love the style and shape on these cars, but those areas just seem way off in design for a slick sports car that is concerned the overall design for aerodynamics. :)

The best thing about these cars, is that we own them and we can do whatever we want, and the on lookers can just stand there and hate or appreciate what we have. :usa: :2tu:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Taste and reading comprehension own you. This isn't a thread about 22's. It is a thread about the largest performance rear tire built, and fitment on the Viper. 100% of the people who have commented on this thread own cars that would out perform your car even if they stuffed 24's under them, so hearing your argument regarding performance is pretty weak. Even weaker is a guy's argument regarding aftermarket wheels when they can't muster 4K to even own a set to be creditable enough to have an opinion, much less insult those of others in a thread that doesn't concern them. I am sure there is a smooth tube or black stock wheel touch up paint thread here somewhere that your expert opinion would be of great value. Regarding your concern of my car; I just went ahead and ordered another set of 19/20's and 20/21's. Pictures are misleading sometimes, so why not have both to compare in person.:drive:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 20/21's are on order and suppose to be hear in the next 4 weeks or so and as soon as I get them bolted on(which will be 5 minutes after they arrive:D) I will post some pics on this thread for the ones who care to see that look on a Gen3:2tu:

ttechris

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't understand why so many threads turn into one person bashing another persons opinion. Everyone likes different things, and others should learn to accept that. If you don't like something why try so hard to torch the other person?

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bmw2nv2000 did you get you wheels on???

Well we have to remember I am dealing with a forged wheel company and thats always a nightmare for the poor bastard thats spending the $7k on wheels and tires. Needless to say I am over 6 weeks in and even though I was promised 4-6 weeks I am still expecting(hoping) 2 more weeks. But when they arrive I will post pics of them off the car then as fast as I can get them bolted on I will post mounted pics.:2tu:

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope all you people who put 20" or 21" diameter wheels on your Vipers meet up with the tire/wheel-runining potholes you deserve.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang